Jaguar Forum banner

Jaguar Xf 2014 mirrors on 2008 xf

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Andrei121994 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. Does anyone know if the mirrors from a 2014 Xf will fit a pre facelift 2008 xf? I want to have power fold and i also like the look of the indicator on the newer mirrors.

#3 ·
the physical fitting will not be a problem at all,
wiring wise the car should be pre-wired for full functionality for power fold/auto dimming/puddle light/ passenger side dipping on reverse , along with electrically heated and electrically adjusted and the slim indicator /repeater lens

the extra functions will need to be enabled with CCF , ( power fold , puddle light , reverse dipping )

the existing features will all work perfectly as before on the new mirrors,( heated, electrically adjusted , indicator lens )

auto dimming will require a dimming rear view mirror inside and are cheap on ebay, no CCF required for that

if your UK based i have a perfect pair of mirrors that will do this for you including auto dimming glass (also perfect ) for sale ,

BB

#4 ·
the physical fitting will not be a problem at all,
wiring wise the car should be pre-wired for full functionality for power fold/auto dimming/puddle light/ passenger side dipping on reverse , along with electrically heated and electrically adjusted and the slim indicator /repeater lens

the extra functions will need to be enabled with CCF , ( power fold , puddle light , reverse dipping )

the existing features will all work perfectly as before on the new mirrors,( heated, electrically adjusted , indicator lens )

auto dimming will require a dimming rear view mirror inside and are cheap on ebay, no CCF required for that

if your UK based i have a perfect pair of mirrors that will do this for you including auto dimming glass (also perfect ) for sale ,

BB
Hello mate, thanks for the help, i have access to an unlocked sdd and i can do all the programming myself. I was just curious if the mountings to the door are the same.

How much do you ask for them? I already found some mirrors from a car breaker for quite cheap.

#5 ·
cool

i would grab them if they are ' cheap ' but was looking at £125 each for mine plus post , which is much less than the ebay going rate, and as said , with perfect mirror glass as well

if the small chrome bits are knackered your existing ones will easily swap over, dont forget the small grub screw under the door seal rubber ( as well as the x3 main screws ) before removing the mirror from the door, or you will break the trim on the mirror

would love to see how to 'code' them , as i have to do it to mine , and will be using my software in the next few days to add that and a few more upgrades to my sportbrake , as i went full blindspot mirrors , after i fit the rear sensors

BB

#6 ·
Well, by cheap i mean around the price you ask for yours, i'm waiting for an answer from the seller to confirm they have the power fold option.

The chrome bit on the ones i have now is just faded but i'm planing to paint the whole chrome trim around the windows black as i hate chrome and since my car is a nice shade of red i reckon it would look rather good, i already blacked all the other chrome bits around the car. I heard is a pain to get the trim around the windows off without breaking it. Luckily for me i have the factory service manual so that should help me get them off.

The 'coding' part is not that hard once you know your way around the SDD software.

#7 ·
sounds like a plan , if you get stick for some mirrors give me a shout ,

i have used SDD tp add extras to my old X-type years ago , so not unfamiliar, however the version i had does not cover the 2015 ) x250 ) sportbrake XF so have had to get another version which didn't like my laptop ,

good to know its easy enough though ,

these are the mirrors i have for sale ,

where about are you ?

Bumper Auto part Fashion accessory Glasses

BB

#8 ·
btw, i love chrome on my British Racing Green Metallic Sportbrake , lol
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Automotive design

#10 ·
I recommend using the softwaredownload option not the actual SSD itself. You can find this in the IDS folder, search for it and you will find it. Is a much simpler interface to work with and its only has the programing stuff. Here is my email address madmax121994@gmail.com in case you need help with the coding. I live in North London, Enfield area.

I reckon mine looks better with black instead of chrome.

Andrei.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.