Jaguar Forum banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
358 Posts
I suppose getting a little nearer to the root cause but does seem to be a rare fault. Only thing I could find that was remotely similar are problems with "steering lock" on Freelander 2's. One such video explain:Steering lock
Not so sure it's relevant but who knows for the moment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Evening all!! A LITTLE UPDATE....

After leaving the car with the specialist for the last four days, i am quite impatient, I rang him yesterday and they hadn't even looked at it. I spoke to a member of this forum via pm regarding the mongoose pro and sdd i had bought. After exchanging numbers he asked me to send him a rundown of what had happened and what i have done, within 5 minutes he whatsapped me to say he could get my car started!?!?!?

Anyway, tonight I come home from work shoot up to where the car was, and tell him im there, he took over my laptop via teamviewer and precisely 12 minutes later, BOOM, the car was started and advice was given to me to get the problem 100% sorted, not only that, my keys now work 100% (they didnt before and also had a low key fob battery warning)

This member is called ONOTOLE - This guy is incredible, fixed my car(90%) (diagnosed the other 10%) from RUSSIA!
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
27,985 Posts
Very good news, and another win for Onotole.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,442 Posts
Good news indeed, what was done to fix it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Good news indeed, what was done to fix it?
The front BCM has a bad memory, he did his magic remotely via teamviewer and the jlr sdd and got it started whilst I just watched in awe LOL, explained what was wrong with it and on my way I went, all I need to do now is find someone that repairs them or can program a replacement
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
I see my reference to his post had some value in the end ;) I was thinking it was that. If it's not an urgent matter why don't you just send the CJB to him?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
I see my reference to his post had some value in the end ;) I was thinking it was that. If it's not an urgent matter why don't you just send the CJB to him?
You did suggest that bud! Credit where its due. Not a bad idea but I really need to get the car on the road asap!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Did you ever try contacting the company I PM'd you about who are in Wales? That'll be much faster. Next day delivery etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,442 Posts
The front BCM has a bad memory, he did his magic remotely via teamviewer and the jlr sdd and got it started whilst I just watched in awe LOL, explained what was wrong with it and on my way I went, all I need to do now is find someone that repairs them or can program a replacement
Ah right , so it working but need fixing still?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rikajag

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Ok, here is another option for you. And it might be easier and cheaper than some of the others. All you need to do is find some kind of auto technician or mileage guy or key guy local to you who has XProg. They can attach it to the correct chip on the CJB, read the D-Flash data, you WhatsApp that file over to Onotole to extract the backup EEPROM data, you get the guy over here to write it back over where the corrupted data is and you should be good to go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Ok, here is another option for you. And it might be easier and cheaper than some of the others. All you need to do is find some kind of auto technician or mileage guy or key guy local to you who has XProg. They can attach it to the correct chip on the CJB, read the D-Flash data, you WhatsApp that file over to Onotole to extract the backup EEPROM data, you get the guy over here to write it back over where the corrupted data is and you should be good to go.
Im assuming this is why Onotole couldnt do more for mine, because the EEPROM backup data was corrupt?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
No. He couldn't do it because it requires physical work. Refer back to the thread I pointed out. Look at picture #2.

Then i dismantle it and connect to external programmer. I read it's flash and eeprom, eeprom was corrupted. Good news was that there are backup of eeprom in flash, so i restored it, reflashed and install CJB on car.
 
81 - 100 of 107 Posts
Top