Jaguar Forum banner
181 - 200 of 259 Posts
Have you guys factored into your costs those for additional coffee/pasties/confectionery at these myriad of stops?

Reactions: DAVENN
Discussion starter · #184 ·
Have you guys factored into your costs those for additional coffee/pasties/confectionery at these myriad of stops?
You mean the ones I would have stopped and eaten anyway? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the problem may be finding a charger that's not already in use as EV numbers increase.

You mean the ones I would have stopped and eaten anyway? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Even you wouldn’t have stopped that often :D

So the latest from Jaguar is that it will not replace any of its current range at all, but will go much further upmarket, to become an electric rival to the likes of Aston Martin or Bentley.

So what that means, to my mind, is that the vast majority of members here will not run Jaguars in, say, 10 years time, nor be able to afford a new one.

So what do we think - will Jaguar ever have the tech/reliability/quality to threaten AM, Bentley etc.?

Discussion starter · #191 ·
So the latest from Jaguar is that it will not replace any of its current range at all, but will go much further upmarket, to become an electric rival to the likes of Aston Martin or Bentley.

So what that means, to my mind, is that the vast majority of members here will not run Jaguars in, say, 10 years time, nor be able to afford a new one.

So what do we think - will Jaguar ever have the tech/reliability/quality to threaten AM, Bentley etc.?
This is what they said last Monday. Not sure how I feel about it, but they shown they really cannot compete with BMW/Merc so they have to try something. The less premium market is quite saturated.

Discussion starter · #193 ·
I’m still angry about the XJ announcement.
It's just been delayed again whilst they redesign it for the new Jaguar platform.

Blue H² is a reality.
The issue with H², save the actual production is the distribution.

I still , and have been for many years, say that once the infrastructure is robust enough ( Johnson couplings will piss out, without additives) , we will be able to refuel our H² vehicles from home...or use our home mCHP to charge our EVs.

Discussion starter · #196 ·
It must still be 3 or 4 years away before launch though, right?

Meanwhile Mercedes are bringing out the EQS this year.
Probably. Change of management, change of direction. If they had released the XJ EV on time, it wouldn't have been a problem.

So long as they have the financial backing, I don't see why Jaguar cannot use its heritage as leverage

I know someone who has owned big Jags and Astons. He reckons his Jags were at least as good as his Aston. Perhaps Jaguar already have the ability to go further up market. Their recent targeting of volume with small engined base versions hasn't taken off particularly steeply and has confused the brand.

The numbers don't really stack up. Bentley & AM combined sell 15,000 vehicles pa, Jaguar are currently around 175,000 pa. Even if they managed to steal every sale from these brands, that would represent a 91% reduction in output. The other problem is that they could also end up stepping on Landrover's toes & take sales from Range Rover.

Discussion starter · #200 ·
The numbers don't really stack up. Bentley & AM combined sell 15,000 vehicles pa, Jaguar are currently around 175,000 pa. Even if they managed to steal every sale from these brands, that would represent a 91% reduction in output. The other problem is that they could also end up stepping on Landrover's toes & take sales from Range Rover.
Jaguar won't be making SUVs. He said that.

181 - 200 of 259 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.