·
Super Moderator
28,825 Posts
Dear lord, talk about digging a hole for yourself

·
Super Moderator
28,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If anything, they should have done this back in 2018 when the I-Pace was released.

·
Super Moderator
28,825 Posts
If anything, they should have done this back in 2018 when the I-Pace was released.
Totally agree, especially with all the awards they got with the car/platform

·
Super Moderator
28,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Totally agree, especially with all the awards they got with the car/platform
At least then they would have had a bigger budget to develop the hardware and software knowing the company was going to rely on it in 5 years time. They've delayed and delayed the XJ EV and the I-Pace is still all alone in the range.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
And with covid they're budget has been severely restricted. They've not sold much in 2020.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I wonder if Jaguar are going all electric to offset the emissions of Land Rover as I can't see the Range Rover being able to tow 3.5 tons on an electric platform.

Nice to see them giving recognition to their heritage at the start of the video.

I wonder if there'll be any halo cars just prior to this? Another V8 saloon car to go out with a bang? I truly doubt it but one can dream :(

David.

·
Super Moderator
28,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And with covid they're budget has been severely restricted. They've not sold much in 2020.
If I remember rightly, the final quarter of 2020 was pretty good for them.

·
Super Moderator
28,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wonder if Jaguar are going all electric to offset the emissions of Land Rover as I can't see the Range Rover being able to tow 3.5 tons on an electric platform.

Nice to see them giving recognition to their heritage at the start of the video.

I wonder if there'll be any halo cars just prior to this? Another V8 saloon car to go out with a bang? I truly doubt it but one can dream :(

David.
Land Rover are going electric as well. just delayed slightly.

Reactions: dhallworth

·
Firm Rampant Member
14,595 Posts
Land Rover are going electric as well. just delayed slightly.
Best of luck finding a charging point in the middle of the Gobi desert.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Interesting that LR are adopting the hydrogen fuel cell. Not many seem to be going that way at the moment.

·
Registered
19,494 Posts

David.
You don't think 400 h.p. and 700 N-m of torque is enough to tow 3.5 tons? And all of that torque available from the get-go.

·
Super Moderator
28,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You don't think 400 h.p. and 700 N-m of torque is enough to tow 3.5 tons? And all of that torque available from the get-go.
The issue is that is kills the battery. All well being able to tow but being able to tow a few miles only is pretty useless.

·
Apostrophe Monitor
7,353 Posts
Currently EV vechicles couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding

·
Administrator
26,934 Posts
Doing it isn't an issue, it's the range that's the problem with a 6 tonne GVW.

·
Super Moderator
28,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Currently EV vechicles couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding
I beg to differ. The I-Pace nearly has the same torque as the XFS and XFR-S but from pretty much 0rpm.

·
Firm Rampant Member
14,595 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Best of luck finding a charging point in the middle of the Gobi desert.
On the other hand, I don't think there are too many petrol stations in the middle of the Gobi desert.
Having said that, and not being even mildly excited about being forced intro a milk float, the longer it takes
the "powers that be" to think this problem through properly, the better it is for me. Long live ICE.

·
Firm Rampant Member
14,595 Posts
On the other hand, I don't think there are too many petrol stations in the middle of the Gobi desert.
Having said that, and not being even mildly excited about being forced intro a milk float, the longer it takes
the "powers that be" to think this problem through properly, the better it is for me. Long live ICE.
a few Jerry cans may help .

Reactions: davetech
1 - 20 of 207 Posts