Jaguar Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Another recommendation for E&E at Milton Keynes (if you live close enough)
I probably pass a couple of really good indies on my journey to get there but I am very comfortable with them and they do indeed update the service history.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Another recommendation for E&E at Milton Keynes (if you live close enough)
I probably pass a couple of really good indies on my journey to get there but I am very comfortable with them and they do indeed update the service history.
Is it possible to have your OSH “switched on” for an older car like mine? As mine has never had anything electronically recorded?

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Whilst I have you all great minds on one thread. The car failed its MOT on a rear lower suspension arm which was replaced. I had noticed a droning noise (not the wife) coming from the car that sounded like a wheel bearing, although the left/right trick wasn’t working to find out which side. That noise seems to have gone now which I find really weird. Could the rear lower arm have been causing this droning noise? Anybody had the same experience?
Maybe a long shot, but maybe the old arm being worn had thrown the rear alignment out a little that could have impacted tyre wear slightly and the new arm could be correcting this and causing a little noise? But if the noise is now gone then I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I've been plagued with an 'obvious' wheel bearing noise on the Mrs' car which turned out to be one of the tyres. So alignment correction could be it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I find the oil pump from Lidl is far better. There is an inlet and outlet so you pump out the oil straight into a sealable container that you then take to the tip, empty it into the tip container and it is ready to use again. With the type where you extract it into the pumps container you then have to empty it in to the disposal container.

·
Registered
Battery powered superhero
5,443 Posts
But you can more easily measure the oil quantity extracted by using the vacuum pump, then tip the contents into the empty new oil can(s) once you've put their contents into the car. Swings and roundabouts.

Reactions: OBC John

·
Registered
24,813 Posts
But you can more easily measure the oil quantity extracted by using the vacuum pump, then tip the contents into the empty new oil can(s) once you've put their contents into the car. Swings and roundabouts.
This. Exactly my M.O.

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
13,893 Posts
You‘d also use the pump until all the old oil is out anyway so don’t see an issue.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts