Jaguar Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Want digital dash 😀 How do I know by looking, if it has HUD? Also, is the remote app only supported on models with the correct hardware, if so, any way to tell or do I need to ask the seller if it has xyz?
All three are obvious to see, just need to make sure they are working....they are key features of the car, ask the buyer. If intended purchase from a private seller, better to have an arrangement with jaguar garage to give it the full check-over before purchase.... unless its already under jaguar warranty.

On the remote app side, as mentioned previously by others, the vehicle will either have have an existing or expired subscription(s). If existing, you're in luck, just get the subscription transferred over to your account when you've made the purchase. If not, call jaguar directly about subscription costs, remote subscription is about £36 pounds a year. They may offer a pack of bundled subscriptions at a lower cost. Don't be afraid to haggle....

something like this I suppose, if the URL works...

·
Registered
85 Posts
You'll know if a HUD is fitted because there's an extra bump over the drivers binacle that spoils the view of the "Riva Hoop".
The digital drivers display will let you put the satnav map there nearly full screen, which is handy for reducing the time needed for taking your eyes from the road while navigating - takes no more time than glancing at the speedo normally would.
I've never had any problems with ICTP, except when it was updated during a service I lost nav voice commands (but gained Android Auto & Apple Carplay) which I never noticed at first because I turned off the nav voice anyway. That was fixed by the garage at the next service. Also the nav maps for ICTP are still being updated by Jaguar/HERE monthly, whereas the ICT maps haven't been updated in years.

·
Registered
2019 XF Sportbrake 25t
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Just a heads up that ICTP update has been issued today. Took some 10 minutes to download and install.
Still could find what’s been changed and if something new has been added though.

·
Registered
MY2018 x260 XFS in Essex White
37 Posts
I have Jaguar Remote and Incontrol Pro subscribed and since my phone updated to android 12, the app (v2.7.1) is crashing and pretty useless, to the point where I've had to remove it from my phone. Re-installation doesn't solve the problem.
Anyone had similar issues and found a work-around.
Funny thing is the same Land Rover app but without the pro feature (the bit that starts the car and sets the A/C) for our RR Evoque is fine.
Any clues?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have Jaguar Remote and Incontrol Pro subscribed and since my phone updated to android 12, the app (v2.7.1) is crashing and pretty useless, to the point where I've had to remove it from my phone. Re-installation doesn't solve the problem.
Anyone had similar issues and found a work-around.
Funny thing is the same Land Rover app but without the pro feature (the bit that starts the car and sets the A/C) for our RR Evoque is fine.
Any clues?
Same thing happened with Android 10 to 11. Took them a couple of weeks to update the App and get it working again.

·
Registered
405 Posts
New 2.8.0 is out with new vehicle lock reminder option. Get an alert if car is unlocked for 15 minutes.

Reactions: JaguarDriver

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
12,308 Posts
New 2.8.0 is out with new vehicle lock reminder option. Get an alert if car is unlocked for 15 minutes.
Funny, i parked my car on my drive and left it unlocked as wanted to scan for codes for my failed battery pack on my TCU, and got notification that the car was unlocked, don't remember getting that before, but this explains it, thanks Chris

Reactions: Chris JD

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
And it is enabled by default, good touch.

Reactions: Gav and Chris JD

·
Registered
58 Posts
I found this, it may help

Common Jaguar InControl Remote App Problems and Troubleshooting Steps
✅ I'm getting black screen / white screen (blank screen) when I open Jaguar InControl Remote?

It is one of the most common problem in android operating system. Usually when you open an app, you will see a black screen for few seconds and then app will crash with or without an error message. There are few ways to fix this problem.
  1. Most of the times, it might be a temporary loading issue. You just need to press the recent applications menu (usually the first left button) in your phone. Then you close the app that has this issue. Now open the app again. It may work normally.
  2. Try Hard reboot in your Android mobile. Press and hold down the "Home" and "Power" buttons at the same time for upto 10 seconds. Then, release the buttons and hold down "Power" button until the screen turns on.Now you can try opening the app, it may work fine.
  3. If none of the above working, you can wait till your phone battery drains and it turns off automatically. After that put it to charge, and press the power button. It may work after this.
  4. Finally, if you can't fix it with anything, you may need to uninstall the app and re-install it. Android usually restores all settings after you re-install and log into the app. You can see if that fixes it.
  5. Even in some rare cases, the re-install step also don't work. If that is your case, try installing older versions of the app. Good luck!

✅ My Jaguar InControl Remote app wont load or not working properly (loading error / server error / connection error / Screen Freeze / Ping Problem).
There are few situations that may cause the load issue in mobile apps.
  1. The Jaguar InControl Remote app server may be down and that is causing the loading issue. Please try after few minutes.
  2. Your wifi / mobile data connection not working properly. Please check your data connection.
  3. Too many users using the app at same time. Please try after few minutes.
✅ I'm having Jaguar InControl Remote login issue or account related issues.
If you have login or account related issue, please check the following steps.
  1. The Jaguar InControl Remote server may be down and that is causing the login/account issue. Please try logging in after few minutes.
  2. Your wifi / mobile data connection not working properly. Please check your data connection.
  3. You may be trying with wrong login credentials. Please confirm the details that you are entering is correct.
  4. If you're using third-party social networks to login such as facebook, twitter, google etc, check whether that service is working properly by visiting their official website.
  5. Your account may be banned or deactivated for activities. Please read error messages.

✅ I have Jaguar InControl Remote app installation issues.
  1. Check your wifi / internet connection for connectivity.
  2. Please check your mobile storage space. If you don't have enough space in your disk, the app can't be installed.
  3. Verify that the app you're trying to install supports your android version.
✅ My Jaguar InControl Remote app is not updating properly in my phone.
  1. Please check your wifi / mobile data connection and verify that it is working properly. It may be down and stopping you from updating the Jaguar InControl Remote app.
  2. Confirm that you have enough storage space in your phone to download updates. If you don't have enough storage space, it can be blocking the app updates.
✅ Audio / video loading problem with Jaguar InControl Remote.
  1. Check your phone volume if you have audio problems.Try to use headphones to find out whether it is an issue with your speakers or with the app.
  2. If you've video loading problem, please check your internet speed and wifi connectivity.
✅ Jaguar InControl Remote app Notifications are not working properly.
  1. Go to your Apps->Jaguar InControl Remote->Notifications and check whether notifications enabled or not. If it is not enabled, please enable it.
  2. Also if you don't get notification alert sounds, re-verify that you don't accidentally muted the app notification sounds.
✅ I deposited money into Jaguar InControl Remote. But I don't see it added to my balance.
  1. It may take some time for the app company / developer to process the payment and credit to your account. Please be patient for 24-48 hours and see if the amount gets credited to your account. If not, please contact the development company using the contact details given below.

Email Address: [email protected]
✅ I won money in Jaguar InControl Remote & How to withdraw money to my bank/paypal?
  1. You can go to your account menu and then mostly you may see a withdraw option once you reach your withdrawal threshold. You can use that feature to initiate a withdrawal request.
✅ I withdrew money from Jaguar InControl Remote and I did not get in my account / paypal. How to verify?
  1. You can login to your paypal and see if there is any money credited. If you don't see the transaction, you can open the app and check the withdrawal status. If you see the withdrawal is successfully processed and don't get it in your bank/paypal, contact the app developers / support.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts