·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
I wouldn't have ICTP if you paid me.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I wouldn't have ICTP if you paid me.
The choice I have on a 2017 F-Pace is small screen ICT with analogue dials or 10 inch ICTP with digital dash.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The choice I have on a 2017 F-Pace is small screen ICT with analogue dials or 10 inch ICTP with digital dash.
You can look at this video, its 5 years old but does explain the features/uses of ICTP

The pro is far more valuable than the non-pro, so if the cost isnt too much outside your budget, go for the pro. It'll certainly have a better sell-on value afterwards...

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
What's so wrong with it anyway?
Every single courtesy car I've had which has had it (most of them) it's just been terrible to use, slow, clunky, riddled with bugs. I waited for the I-PACE to get Pivi Pro before I got one.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
With a £40k budget I don't have that choice. Possibly looking for a F-Pace S, 3.0 Supercharged soon.

Reactions: Gav

·
Firm Rampant Member
18,293 Posts
The purpose of phone/watch remote feature is so that you start the engine + a/c etc (to its operating temperature) before arriving to the vehicle. It's extremely handy when it comes to Winter/Summer conditions. You still have your carkey with you....
which is exactly what I had on the X 260 and Velar
I have it on the Merc too

Reactions: SuperDoop

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Yup, exactly like that one. Maybe not the seat colour, hmm, dunno.....

It's bloody awful.
Worse than the old and dated system both my Jags currently have?

But I don't have a choice unless I go for ICT with a smaller screen, less features, slower etc and analogue driver dials. Surely that can't be better than ICTP?

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
Or something that isn’t a JLR product with ICTP.

Plenty of choice out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
12,062 Posts

But I don't have a choice unless I go for ICT with a smaller screen, less features, slower etc and analogue driver dials. Surely that can't be better than ICTP?
My experience of ict is ….
it just works, yeah it’s analogue dials, but the infotainment works as is. Was shocked to learn functions like sms template replies etc was only introduced (fixed?) in ictp in subsequent updates…ict had this from this start.
would I prefer ictp? Hell yeah coz I like a digital dashes

·
Firm Rampant Member
18,293 Posts

Worse than the old and dated system both my Jags currently have?

By awful I mean it's

Glitchy
Slow
Unreliable

All I want is a system that recognises my phone on entry, offers speedy and accurate traffic information, doesn't ask me to log on all the bloody time etc.

The Merc and the previous Audi systems just worked.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Every single courtesy car I've had which has had it (most of them) it's just been terrible to use, slow, clunky, riddled with bugs. I waited for the I-PACE to get Pivi Pro before I got one.
F-Type ICTP was slow when I got it, but a s/w update soon after sorted it. It’s tolerable now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
By awful I mean it's

Glitchy
Slow
Unreliable

All I want is a system that recognises my phone on entry, offers speedy and accurate traffic information, doesn't ask me to log on all the bloody time etc.

The car in that URL has the ICTP and the Digital dashboard, it doesn't have the head-up display. I'd use that as the minimum, probably can drop the digital dashboard for an analogue unless you're a techie fan...Yh, not so sure about the seats either...keep looking, one will pop up somewhere...

·
20,244 Posts
By awful I mean it's

Glitchy
Slow
Unreliable

Touch wood - I get none of that with mine.

Hasn't failed to recognise my phone once (watch this space for the jinx)

Can take a few seconds to load up - but once there - its been perfectly fine.

JAg Shat-Nav still tends to throw you up the wrong house number in the sticks, but so did Google Maps.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
The car in that URL has the ICTP and the Digital dashboard, it doesn't have the head-up display. I'd use that as the minimum, probably can drop the digital dashboard for an analogue unless you're a techie fan...Yh, not so sure about the seats either...keep looking, one will pop up somewhere...
Want digital dash 😀 How do I know by looking, if it has HUD? Also, is the remote app only supported on models with the correct hardware, if so, any way to tell or do I need to ask the seller if it has xyz?

·
Firm Rampant Member
18,293 Posts
Want digital dash 😀 How do I know by looking, if it has HUD? Also, is the remote app only supported on models with the correct hardware, if so, any way to tell or do I need to ask the seller if it has xyz?
My ICTP once went pear shaped and took out my digital display in total....that was fun.

As for the HUD...loved it .... until the ICTP update buggered it.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts