Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2019 XF Sportbrake 25t
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Instead of hijacking other threads thought of starting this new one about Jaguar InControl apps. I have iOS versions so Android might be different.
In App Store there are two app versions for Apple with slightly different interfaces and I have them both installed on my phone.
Version 1.81
Map World Product Font Urban design

and
Version 2.7.1
Gadget Font Communication Device Sky Slope

I have subscribed to
InControl Pro services
InControl Protect
InControl Remote Premium

Both apps basically run the same and I can see where my car is, turn AC on remotely, check if it’s locked and alarmed, flash the lights and beep, see the the fuel level, range and status of other liquids and tyres.

Guys and gals, Is there anything else you can do on your app and if there is do you know for which subscription it is linked to?

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
The newer Remote app is the one you should use. The older InControl Remote will be removed from the AppStore soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JaguarDriver

·
Registered
2019 XF Sportbrake 25t
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny thing is that I prefer the older 1.81 version just because it shows my car location on main screen.
Where can I find the option "Service mode"?

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
More (bottom right). Vehicle Settings. Scroll down.

·
Registered
2019 XF Sportbrake 25t
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I'm missing that "Secure" one hence can't see those two options for Service Mode and Transport Mode. It might be that those two are actually linked to InControl Secure subscription which I can't add now.

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
Thanks. I'm missing that "Secure" one hence can't see those two options for Service Mode and Transport Mode. It might be that those two are actually linked to InControl Secure subscription which I can't add now.
Not sure they are. They should be standard. Secure is just tracking.

·
Registered
2019 XF Sportbrake 25t
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure they are. They should be standard. Secure is just tracking.

My app (new version) doesn’t have that Secure part at all, it’s not greyed or something like that, it just doesn’t exist. The only option in Vehicle Settings is Remote. 🤔

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
Thinking about it it, you’re right, those two options are part of secure as they disable some of the tracker features so you don’t get alerts.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
I couldn't find them in mine either.
I'm have an InControl Remote subscription which is £36/yr and gives Remote and Protect.
You can buy InControl Remote and Secure for £260/yr, and which is probably included with extended warranties.

·
Registered
2019 XF Sportbrake 25t
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I couldn't find them in mine either.
I'm have an InControl Remote subscription which is £36/yr and gives Remote and Protect.
You can buy InControl Remote and Secure for £260/yr, and which is probably included with extended warranties.
My understranding is that once the car leaves the production line options can't be added and in my case the previous owner didn't tick the box for InControl Secure. Month ago I have extended InControl Remote Premium and InControl Protect subscriptions for 2 years and wasn't given an option of adding any other service but only what I got till that time.

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
InControl Secure Tracker is a software feature and should be available. It certain is that was on I-PACE. InControl Secure Tracker Pro is the upgraded version but I'm fairly sure all that does it add an extra layer of security around the keys.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
Seems like it is possible, just that Jaguar don’t offer it. Seems weird.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've got two subscriptions [Protect] and [Remote Premium] for my 2016 XF, It came with the purchase and it took me awhile to transfer it to my account (and I'm an IT Pro...). I don't have the service, transport mode options which suggest they come with the [Services] subscription. Both apps versions work great and both do the same thing, though the older one works with the apple watch, so you can start,unlock.lock etc which is pretty handy (forgive the pun) rather than looking at your phone. The new version doesn't have that extended option which is a shame....

The map location is shown in both app versions, on the newer version, you need to touch the road that is displayed on the main screen to see the map location.

Remote services works well when the car battery is at optimal charge. If not, take it on the dual carriage/motorway for 30 minutes and it should be working thereafter (ideal for materialistic non-essential shopping...ahem..).

On the issue of car theft, I've decided to disable key-less entry and use the faraday pouch/box...even though its software has been patched with the latest updates..

I hope this helps...

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
On the issue of car theft, I've decided to disable key-less entry and use the faraday pouch/box...even though its software has been patched with the latest updates..
Personal choice of course, but a major plus for me owning my Jags is the keyless feature. All the keys are kept in a faraday box at home when not in use though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Personal choice of course, but a major plus for me owning my Jags is the keyless feature. All the keys are kept in a faraday box at home when not in use though.
I totally understand :) Cyber hacking to steal/clone your digital keys is quite common though, particularly on range rovers which adopt the same software. It's somewhat disturbing how often range rovers are stolen with cyber hacking methods....and it continues to evolve.

Personally, I would only enable key-less entry if I had the ghost immobilizer installed, totally independent of the digital key. Costs £500. I cant stand steering locks...!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts