Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst we all may talk about optional extras that enhance the whole ownership experience I got to thinking about those simple things I've had on other cars that would have been nice to have on the XF.

Whilst I've only had one bulb go it would be nice to have some form of warning device to let us know one had gone....an 'R' reg'd Renault we had used to speed up the indicators if a bulb had gone... simple and probably not very expensive....we got through some bulbs on that car! :)

Anyone else have any really simple things that the XF misses and more importantly that are not an option....

·
RIP Tony, member number 7
5,839 Posts
My last two cars displayed a message if a bulb blew...surprised to hear the XF does`t do the same.....I rarely used the "instant mpg" on my last car...it gives the current mpg figure....Freewheel down a hill and it would read 200mpg!!!...but it`s one feature many would like to see on the XF

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
I miss my auto dimming rear view mirror, it's an option but should be standard. I also miss my front parking sensors that were standard on my BMW. Would still take the XF over the 5 series though.

·
Executive Member
3,188 Posts
Auto adjustment of the seats, radio, ventilation, mirrors, etc. to key specific settings, upon unlocking the car. Had that on my 2001 X5 and even my Z4.

Such a shame to have to stoop to press a button on the door..

Still convenience opening is brilliant and really missed that on a recent holiday hire car.

·
Administrator
29,538 Posts
Auto adjustment of the seats, radio, ventilation, mirrors, etc. to key specific settings, upon unlocking the car. Had that on my 2001 X5 and even my Z4.
That's the system where I get into the car using Mrs Stig's key & get my face squashed into the windscreen & my nuts crushed against the steering wheel.:rolleyes:

Pressing Memory 1 or 2 is much safer!

Reactions: Coolcity

·
Executive Member
3,188 Posts
Since mine and MrsCJ's keys paths never cross my nose and nuts are safe. Well at least from car seat crushing.

There is still the option on those systems to press a memory recall button.

·
Administrator
29,538 Posts
Software written by someone with a bit of common sense. For example:

Providing a countdown before it goes into 'Restricted Performance' when the fault is minor (as most are). It doesn't take a genius to work out that if the throttle is wide open, it's probably for a good reason.:eek:

Not starting a DPF regeneration when the fuel level is already on reserve. That's just plain stupid!:mad:

I could go on..............

·
Registered
201 Posts
I miss the key-less entry and folding mirrors that i used to have on my 3.0 PL. Forever fumbling for the key fob to unlock now!!

·
Oddball Member
1,240 Posts
Not having the burr walnut inlays on the facing part of the dash where the air vents are..Not being able to listen to the radio with out the car being on...Not enough movement of the steering wheel(up and down and in and out not wheel lock to wheel lock)

·
Administrator
29,538 Posts
Being able to wash the headlamps & the windscreen independently. Separate wash bottles would be good too. This would save having to use ridiculously expensive screenwash for the headlamps where the only criteria is that it doesn't freeze.

·
Administrator
31,211 Posts
Not using the back seat for the same purposes I did 30yrs ago.

Actually, make that 40years. :(

·
5,839 Posts

Not wishing to stray off topic...but I will....the first car that saw some action:eek:....Talbot Samba;)

·
Executive Member
3,188 Posts
An original Mini, although these days I'm not sure I would even want to get in the back of one...

I soon discovered that a bungee cord stretched from window to window frame would hold both front seats up and forward. Necessity drives ingenuity :)

·
Administrator
29,538 Posts
Not wishing to stray off topic...
When have you ever been on topic??
:D:D

No doubt you will shortly be posting yet another picture of a bikini clad young lady..............most threads have got one so far!

·
5,839 Posts
When have you ever been on topic??
:D:D

No doubt you will shortly be posting yet another picture of a bikini clad young lady..............most threads have got one so far!
Guilty as charged...I was forever being red-carded on the other forum...and if I`am honest super-mod was probably justified in throwing a few of them in my direction....But on this occasion I think I`ll blame wilf for leading me astray:D

Bikini clad young Lady...She`s your wife!!:cool:...back on-topic...or off-topic...I posted this the other day..but here`s Kate Middleton in the back of her Jaguar XJ

http://maxfarquar.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/stamps1.gif

·
Administrator
31,211 Posts
I claim that I was actually on topic, but, I have broad shoulders, blame me if you must. :cool:

·
Administrator
29,538 Posts

You've probably reached the age where the front seat is more interesting that the back seats.:rolleyes:

An original Mini, although these days I'm not sure I would even want to get in the back of one...
The rear seat of an original Mini!!......................You have my respect mate...........even if you did use bungee cord on her legs!:D

·
Administrator
31,211 Posts
Not quite dead from the waist down yet, Stig old chap, but comfort does indeed have a higher priority these days.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts