Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the “chrome” (I know it’s not chrome!) window surrounds have all been removed today and it’s time to make them black. After seeing a few cars with it done I thought my grey 2008 XF needed freshening up with a change to black! Here’s hoping it turns out ok!
And for the eagle eyed amongst you I have changed the interior from light grey leather to black half leather from a 2011/12 car, just the centre console to do but it’s stuck in storage which I can’t get to right now. The seat upgrade was a pain but well worth it with the final results!
510DAB61-97AC-48D6-9322-32EFAC0B3050.jpeg

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
That's a good project for a sunny day. How difficult was it to remove the trims?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a good project for a sunny day. How difficult was it to remove the trims?
It’s actually easier than you think. There’s a great write up on here somewhere I found for taking the fronts off and then the rear is similar. I did the passenger side last week so learned from that too. It took around half an hour to remove all the trim today.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Job complete and I love the look against the grey. Really refreshes and updates the car.
3542764E-3FF5-4C07-B1B3-7F030B06ABC1.png

·
Registered
17,195 Posts
Looks the dog's! Good job.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
It does really make a difference. You’ve done a super job there.

Looks much better cleaned with the tyres nicely slicked up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
17,749 Posts
Nice job.

Are you in Scotland by any chance?

·
17,749 Posts
Thanks for that. I am in lockdown here at the moment but normally in England.
Thought so - you don't normally see roughcast exteriors south of the border.
The granite house up the street in your pic is another giveaway.

Still - the paintwork looks great, and the new sills breathe a bit of fresh air into it, as you say.

You going for black blades in the lower grilles?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thought so - you don't normally see roughcast exteriors south of the border.
The granite house up the street in your pic is another giveaway.

Still - the paintwork looks great, and the new sills breathe a bit of fresh air into it, as you say.

You going for black blades in the lower grilles?
Well spotted with the houses. Yeah, thinking about the blades and the grill as it’s still got the full chrome grill. Need to try and see some pics of a Mk1 250 with different grills Before I make up my mind
74A6E89D-8FC9-49F4-8278-49C3C6F85DF8.jpeg

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Do the grille mesh and the blades black and leave the surround chrome, along with the side vents and bootlid trim

·
Registered
17,195 Posts
Here's my long-lost XF-S with black grille. It had the "Aero Pack" front bumper.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
My long gone XFS.

I'd really consider to black out all the chrome on the car. I'm not a fan of total black out on black cars (loses all the contrast and the car becomes one big black blob) but I think all black trim would look great on your car because there would still be some nice contrast between the grey paint and the black trim.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts

I swapped the grille for the full OE black on my last one.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts