Jaguar Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
Congrats.
A set of pick tools is always handy for the connectors. I have a decent Draper set off Amazon, but a small electrical screwdriver can be useful as well.

The Autel should show you the soot percentage. Mine does on my X260. When I’d my DPF temp sensor issues it was sitting around 135%

Forget about it until you get a warning. That said we drove 98k in a facelift 2.2d and never had a warning in the 8 years we had it

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Congrats.
A set of pick tools is always handy for the connectors. I have a decent Draper set off Amazon, but a small electrical screwdriver can be useful as well.

The Autel should show you the soot percentage. Mine does on my X260. When I’d my DPF temp sensor issues it was sitting around 135%

Forget about it until you get a warning. That said we drove 98k in a facelift 2.2d and never had a warning in the 8 years we had it
Looked everywhere and can't see soot level anywhere, driven 300 miles in it since purchase and no warnings. I guess that may change once I start commuting in it

·
Registered
Battery powered superhero
5,042 Posts
To get the fuel pressure connector off, which has limited access to, and is usually at the most obtuse angle, I found that when releasing the tab, to push the connector first, then pull it, the pushing having the effect of allowing the latch to release. The boost connector is easy to access. I ran my leads up into the fusebox, there's was enough room, just, to put the box, suitably protected under the primary cover. Once the cover was on nothing was visible to even suggest I'd been there.

Reactions: bluejmc2005

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Well, that was a right dog of a job! Knuckles red raw, but finally managed it. All plugged in and no errors etc on dash. On programme 4 as advised and just been on a 15 mile drive and I'm very impressed, can tell the difference in throttle response. It says not to use anything else for 40 miles, so next weekend I'll try programme 7. Real was a nightmare getting that connector off though, no room to move, should have waited and ordered a tool for the job as you guys advised!

·
Firm Rampant Member
22,358 Posts
Well, that was a right dog of a job! Knuckles red raw, but finally managed it. All plugged in and no errors etc on dash. On programme 4 as advised and just been on a 15 mile drive and I'm very impressed, can tell the difference in throttle response. It says not to use anything else for 40 miles, so next weekend I'll try programme 7. Real was a nightmare getting that connector off though, no room to move, should have waited and ordered a tool for the job as you guys advised!
It's on now, though.
Did we all forget to mention that it's tough on the hand?

Reactions: bluejmc2005

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Where did this "1/4 of a tank" idea come from? Fuel consumption certainly goes up while the regen is going on but I'm sure the fuel level doesn't stop it happening. The low fuel level indication will just come on in the normal way and the regen will recommence when you drive out of the filling station, if it needs to.
I think it's related to active and forced regens, it's something I remember seeing but can't remember where. Might have been a dedicated dpf pdf I had for the xf, I would need to look. Can't imagine passive regens requiring such though.

I believe if the car goes below the minimum speed for more than five minutes (such as stopping to fuel up) the regen will cancel and has to be restarted. I'm not sure if that would be classed as a failed regen along with the dilution risk. I would just fill the thing up to be safe as I don't like running the tank low.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The manual says the car won't regen under 1/4 of a tank, but my car does!

I have icarsoft and there are a lot of menus in diagnostics that work on some models and not on others. Soot volume and DPF level in grams doesn't work on my pre-facelift 2011 car, but I remember DPF level in grams worked on my 2014 car!

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
The manual says the car won't regen under 1/4 of a tank, but my car does!

I have icarsoft and there are a lot of menus in diagnostics that work on some models and not on others. Soot volume and DPF level in grams doesn't work on my pre-facelift 2011 car, but I remember DPF level in grams worked on my 2014 car!
My XF was a 2012, but I often used the 2013- settings as it had more options, including the soot reading. I can't remember if it was there in the 2012 list, been a while.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
I don't think I ever saw a reference to the 1/4 fuel thing in the manual? I've seen it somewhere, but I don't think it was the manual. Maybe it's from other manufacturers (I think Ford requires it) and it's been assumed for all?

61 - 73 of 73 Posts