Jaguar Forum banner
41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Congrats, hope you have many miles trouble free. I couldn't see anything in the service history about the transmission fluid being changed, have you got a receipt for this? If not, I'd get it done as a preventative measure. Not very expensive, but it's worth getting a Jag indy to do it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I asked the seller about this and he said they never bothered, as it shifts so well, no issues etc. Will most certainly consider though! Think i might just live with the no indicator sound, lights are on auto so not worried about them.

·
Registered
Battery powered superhero
5,042 Posts
I think I've read about the cluster speaker being changed for this fault, somewhere..... Changing the entire cluster for a used one isn't easy as needs to be reprogrammed via SDD, AFAIK.

BTW - Congrats on the new car!

• Helpful
Reactions: Gav and bluejmc2005

·
Registered
4,331 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
So, put a other 200 miles on her today, lots of motorway miles and a roads. Thought I'd try to autel 200 reader afterwards, the only place I can find reference to the DPF is in powertraim control module, it says diesel particulate filter remaining volume 0L. Is that good or bad? Not had any warnings and car has driven lovely! Attached is a screen shot of that section on the autel app
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Registered
24,264 Posts
I think you're over-stressing on the DPF thing. Forget it and enjoy your Jag. Chances are you'll never have to think about it again.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Thanks both, those readings are ok then? She was a real pleasure today, so comfortable. The rear windows are all tinted as well, factory I believe, not had that before! The headlamps of the cars behind present as a vertical line in the dark

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
So, put a other 200 miles on her today, lots of motorway miles and a roads. Thought I'd try to autel 200 reader afterwards, the only place I can find reference to the DPF is in powertraim control module, it says diesel particulate filter remaining volume 0L. Is that good or bad? Not had any warnings and car has driven lovely! Attached is a screen shot of that section on the autel app View attachment 194368

There should be a soot reading in grams, I'm sure it does. The icarsoft certainly does, so I can't imagine the AP200 not. Alternatively, start a regen with it and you'll see the soot reading there.

But I agree that you should stop worrying about it now. If you get onto the motorway every few weeks the car will look after the regen automatically behind the scenes. If the suitable conditions never present themselves then it will warn you on the dash to get out on the motorway. It also has a backup counter to trigger a regen, but the conditions still have to be right to do it, as below.

Best chance for regen is make sure you have over 1/4 tank of fuel or it won't do it, I think you have to be above approx 30mph and the coolant has to be over 60 degrees C. Don't accelerate hard or thrash it, doesn't work like that. The car automatically changes fueling etc to increase the dpf temp to regen. Best method is 50-70mph in cruise control.

Unfortunately, there's no indication on the dash that a regen is in progress (stupid oversight in my opinion) but you should hear a slight difference in engine note and fuel economy will plummet lol

But honestly, unless you start getting constant Amber dpf warnings then just let the car take care of itself.

·
Registered
24,264 Posts
Where did this "1/4 of a tank" idea come from? Fuel consumption certainly goes up while the regen is going on but I'm sure the fuel level doesn't stop it happening. The low fuel level indication will just come on in the normal way and the regen will recommence when you drive out of the filling station, if it needs to.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
There should be a soot reading in grams, I'm sure it does. The icarsoft certainly does, so I can't imagine the AP200 not. Alternatively, start a regen with it and you'll see the soot reading there.

But I agree that you should stop worrying about it now. If you get onto the motorway every few weeks the car will look after the regen automatically behind the scenes. If the suitable conditions never present themselves then it will warn you on the dash to get out on the motorway. It also has a backup counter to trigger a regen, but the conditions still have to be right to do it, as below.

Best chance for regen is make sure you have over 1/4 tank of fuel or it won't do it, I think you have to be above approx 30mph and the coolant has to be over 60 degrees C. Don't accelerate hard or thrash it, doesn't work like that. The car automatically changes fueling etc to increase the dpf temp to regen. Best method is 50-70mph in cruise control.

Unfortunately, there's no indication on the dash that a regen is in progress (stupid oversight in my opinion) but you should hear a slight difference in engine note and fuel economy will plummet lol

But honestly, unless you start getting constant Amber dpf warnings then just let the car take care of itself.
Thank you. Looked Everywhere for soot level and couldn't find it

·
Firm Rampant Member
22,358 Posts
Apparently the TDI tuning box arrives today........
Really?

Please power down fully for the suggested 1/2hr or whatever..and make sure that the key fobs are well away from the car , better still stick them in a tin box.
Recommend getting some long cable ties.
Whilst the box is very robust, I wrapped mine in an insulating jacket.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Really?

Please power down fully for the suggested 1/2hr or whatever..and make sure that the key fobs are well away from the car , better still stick them in a tin box.
Recommend getting some long cable ties.
Whilst the box is very robust, I wrapped mine in an insulating jacket.
Thank you. Familiarising myself now, have worked out where the fuel connector will go (that's going to be a pig) but which one of the sensors on this picture does the boost connect to?
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle

·
Firm Rampant Member
22,358 Posts
That one just there.^^^^
Tbh mine had ickle engines, so the layout is different.
They'll be a photo included with the kit.
On the X260 one connector was a nightmare, the sensor lock tab was underneath ..so that did take a bit of persuasion.
Not a job to be doing on a cold day...

Reactions: bluejmc2005

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
That one just there.^^^^
Tbh mine had ickle engines, so the layout is different.
They'll be a photo included with the kit.
On the X260 one connector was a nightmare, the sensor lock tab was underneath ..so that did take a bit of persuasion.
Not a job to be doing on a cold day...
I mean it's mild today, and a bonus day off, after I've paid my respects if it's arrived I'm feeling brave!

·
Registered
24,264 Posts
A pair of these will greatly ease the fiddly job of connecting to the fuel rail . . .

Sent from my Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: bluejmc2005
41 - 60 of 73 Posts