Jaguar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Founder member
5,018 Posts
First time in 3 yrs I’ve had my car for a full 12 months not 3 months of loanersperyear.

Reactions: Shrek

·
Super Moderator
19,908 Posts
ahh, remember that now.
the x260 had much of that...but ,well, you know.

I may have dropped lucky with the velar but I do miss the HUD...
Bet the Velar new was a lot more than £48k though and it doesn’t have Pilot Assist where it deals with steering

·
Super Moderator
19,908 Posts
Don’t get me wrong I loved both my XF’s but then the design team just let the car slide. The Disco Sport was bought as the interior was way better than the then current jags. Just a shame it spent so much time in the workshop with various issues including door handles, oil dilution and EGR recirc.

Fed up of driving loaners.

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,427 Posts
Bet the Velar new was a lot more than £48k though and it doesn’t have Pilot Assist where it deals with steering
very true.
I've just been reading up on pilot assist, looks great ...even though I have the lane assist switched off as I find it to be a right royal PITA

·
Super Moderator
19,908 Posts
very true.
I've just been reading up on pilot assist, looks great ...even though I have the lane assist switched off as I find it to be a right royal PITA
Lane assist is nothing compared to Pilot assist. The car just follows the road. You have to keep your hand on the wheel just to tell it you are there and provide feedback every so often.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Just forget the maps, even if they released an update they will be out of date immediately. Use Waze on your phone.
Not sure what’s more annoying. ICTP satnav or waze tbh. I used waze in the Cooper S, but it was there every time I got in the car whether I wanted it or not. So just got rid. The mini satnav is better anyway.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
very true.
JLR have dropped a long way behind the curve with in car tech. My Cooper S is just over two years old and its tech is better than any XE/XF2/LR I’ve had as courtesy cars.

·
Super Moderator
26,838 Posts
Not sure what’s more annoying. ICTP satnav or waze tbh. I used waze in the Cooper S, but it was there every time I got in the car whether I wanted it or not. So just got rid. The mini satnav is better anyway.
Firstly, that’s just how BMW have implemented CarPlay. Different to how it works in my Fiesta.

Secondly, I don’t believe that any built in satnav is better. I’ve not seen one yet. Perfectly happy with how Waze works. But you don’t have to use Waze, there are other satnav apps on both iOS and Android.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,427 Posts
Lane assist is nothing compared to Pilot assist. The car just follows the road. You have to keep your hand on the wheel just to tell it you are there and provide feedback every so often.
I know, thats why it looks so interesting.
I'm sure that the next but one JLR model may feature it.
😉

·
Super Moderator
19,908 Posts
I know, thats why it looks so interesting.
I'm sure that the next but one JLR model may feature it.
Have a look at the Intellisense package its fantastic

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Firstly, that’s just how BMW have implemented CarPlay. Different to how it works in my Fiesta.

Secondly, I don’t believe that any built in satnav is better. I’ve not seen one yet. Perfectly happy with how Waze works. But you don’t have to use Waze, there are other satnav apps on both iOS and Android.

Im quite happy with the mini one tbh. Does what I need and can send it destinations from the mini app. Gives me live traffic updates without having to create and login to an account like JLR want me to. Comprehensive company name lookup, and as a bonus the voice activation actually works.

·
Super Moderator
26,838 Posts
Im quite happy with the mini one tbh. Does what I need and can send it destinations from the mini app. Gives me live traffic updates without having to create and login to an account Like JLR want me to. Comprehensive company name lookup, and as a bonus the voice activation actually works.
Snap with Waze :)

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
I'm looking at getting a GPS enabled android tablet, either 7" or 8" and mounting it with a suction mount onto the top of the cupholder cover.

Create a WiFi hotspot from my phone and I've got full Waze or Google maps capability in my X250 and a decent size screen to view it on too.

Reactions: DAVENN

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,427 Posts
+ Spotify etc etc.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
I'm not too bothered about the audio side of things, as I don't think there will a simple way to incorporate it to the cars audio.

I don't really want to use the analogue aux audio jack as the sound quality will be pretty crap.

But it's nice to be able to have a decent size browser to use also when parked up etc.

The sat nav side of things will be the most useful feature.

Reactions: DAVENN

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
The issue for me is that Jaguar have reneged on a basic principle for any manufacturer that its products should have a reasonable life cycle. They also have done this in a very underhand way without any discussion with or even the courtesy of informing owners who are unfortunate enough to have the InControl Touch map system. I probably will have to install a TomTom or similar but my preference is for a working integrated system, after all, that's what I thought I had bought.

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,427 Posts
I'm not too bothered about the audio side of things, as I don't think there will a simple way to incorporate it to the cars audio.

I don't really want to use the analogue aux audio jack as the sound quality will be pretty crap.

But it's nice to be able to have a decent size browser to use also when parked up etc.

The sat nav side of things will be the most useful feature.
Bluetooth...

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,427 Posts
The issue for me is that Jaguar have reneged on a basic principle for any manufacturer that its products should have a reasonable life cycle. They also have done this in a very underhand way without any discussion with or even the courtesy of informing owners who are unfortunate enough to have the InControl Touch map system. I probably will have to install a TomTom or similar but my preference is for a working integrated system, after all, that's what I thought I had bought.
how often has your current map taken you off piste?

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Bluetooth...
No Bluetooth audio integration on the X250. Or certainly not on the classic anyway, not sure about the facelift.

Phone only.

·
Super Moderator
26,838 Posts
No Bluetooth audio integration on the X250. Or certainly not on the classic anyway, not sure about the facelift.

Phone only.
Yeah it's just the pre-facelift that doesn't have it. The Facelift does.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts