Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks, my mileage is all over the place, but I'll have a good few runs within the next week, including Kent -> West Mids, WM -> Brighton, and Brighton -> WM if that's what matters?

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
With modern cars it's always very useful to have your own diagnostic scanner, such as the iCarSoft LR V2 (or 3), it's always money well spent.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I bought a cheap obd scanner when I had a DEF quality error. But it's not reading the current faults.

Assuming I won't be able to do it with that?

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
There's only certain generic engine codes that by law must adhere to the OBD specifics, all else and all other systems will be Jaguar specific for which you need a dedicated scanner.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Or an Autel AP200 that can read Jaguar to at least 2016 models. Free one make year one then 20 quid per year per make after. It reads and resets codes, a!so BMS, DPF forced regen, service etc. Also does live data.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
New battery bought, fitted and BMS reset.

TPMS warning has gone. But ABS warning remains.

Guess I'm going to need to get that one looked at separately, but I'm on a 40min run in a minute so will see whether that helps at all.

Slightly annoyingly, the car also decided to take the wipers out of the service position all by itself whilst I was changing blades, cracked windscreen, and Jaguar don't want to do anything about it.

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
13,039 Posts
New battery bought, fitted and BMS reset.

TPMS warning has gone. But ABS warning remains.

Guess I'm going to need to get that one looked at separately, but I'm on a 40min run in a minute so will see whether that helps at all.

Slightly annoyingly, the car also decided to take the wipers out of the service position all by itself whilst I was changing blades, cracked windscreen, and Jaguar don't want to do anything about it.
Did you keep the ignition on and the drivers door open?

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I did read somewhere that the wiper service position will self reset after a certain period... At the time I read that I thought that was stupid.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Must admit I have replaced the wiper blades on 5 occasions and never needed to use the service position, easy enough without. Phil

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Likewise.

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
So, got my windscreen replaced, but, because of the ABS fault, AutoGlass couldn't re-calibrate the Front Alert cameras... good.

They did flag it was the front left that was problematic though.

Headed to my local garage, they ordered one, waited around two hours, and the wrong part arrived.

Now I'm hunting online for one, I saw the part that came off my car, it had an L shape at the sensor end, yet everywhere I look online, whether on Reg lookup, or Make>Model>Engine lookup, I'm pointed to one that looks like this:

Automotive tire Font Audio equipment Rim Auto part

I'm worries I'm going to order one and get the wrong thing.

I've sent a part request off to BritishParts who've supplied me with servicing bits before, so will see what they say, but does anyone know exactly what part number I'd need for a front ABS sensor (left if it matters)?

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
I've just replaced all four speed sensors on my daughter's Civic. A real PITA as the small, 10mm hexagon-headed screws that hold the sensors in place (and looking at that one I suspect it will be same) were all rusted. I very quickly rounded two of them off!
So down to Scew-Fix and purchase this . . .

One of best purchases I've ever made. Works a treat.
Then just drill out the plastic body of the sensor.

Reactions: Rigger
21 - 34 of 34 Posts