Jaguar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Sorry, just noticed this.

Those indicator bulbs didn’t fit. They’re now in the 123d.

The rear indicators are HY21W
The front indicators are PWY24W
And the reverse is W16W

Indicators are very slim bulbs.

I’ve ordered these and will report back

Rear

Front

The reverse LEDs work a treat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry, just noticed this.

Those indicator bulbs didn’t fit. They’re now in the 123d.

The rear indicators are HY21W
The front indicators are PWY24W
And the reverse is W16W

Indicators are very slim bulbs.

I’ve ordered these and will report back

Rear

Front

The reverse LEDs work a treat

Nice one mate. Luckily I only ordered the reverse bulbs (went for some mental 4000LM jobbers :))

let us know how you get on with the indicator bulbs - they seem to be the main sticking point. I think we’d all rather fit them with the resistor built in...

cheers

·
Registered
8,437 Posts
I ordered some too , they arrive tomorrow different to Steve’s so will report back if they work.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
To be honest, I never considered the need for a resistor. The reverse bulbs didn’t cause any warnings.

They’ll be here before I get the car back!!

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Good idea.

·
Registered
10,442 Posts
You'd only need a load resistor on the flashers as that how the car determines if the bulb has blown or not.
Jeez this forum is great, hadn't thought about led in my car except interior lights and NPL and boot, now I've got puddle and indicators on my mind, sheesh! ;)

·
Registered
10,442 Posts
😕 I thought that the original question was about interior lights
Don't worry Phil in great forum tradition it wanders off, at least this is still talking about lighting in general! it usually ends up with thongs or cats or summit

Reactions: PeteA and Statler

·
Registered
8,437 Posts
Anyone know how to remove rear light cluster .I can see a white screw with spring which holds cluster to boot end but is there another deeper in boot which holds in the rear door end of cluster similar or is it more of a nut type ? Thx

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Anyone know how to remove rear light cluster .I can see a white screw with spring which holds cluster to boot end but is there another deeper in boot which holds in the rear door end of cluster similar or is it more of a nut type ? Thx
Yes undo the white screw with the spring on it. That’s all.
You’ll need to gently prise the cluster away from the boot opening. It slots into the rear wing with a spud type affair.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Once you remove the spring thjng there’s a tab to release

Reactions: Gav

·
Registered
8,437 Posts
Spot on Steve thanks .Still not sure what a Tang is however ..

joking aside I will test the indicator bulbs tomorrow they are canbus free . These are they ..

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Don't worry Phil in great forum tradition it wanders off, at least this is still talking about lighting in general! it usually ends up with thongs or cats or summit
Good point Gav.. this thread 'still' being at least vaguely on topic is rather peculiar for jaginfo..

It's a very strange world nowadays... :D

Reactions: Statler and Gav

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Spot on Steve thanks .Still not sure what a Tang is however ..

joking aside I will test the indicator bulbs tomorrow they are canbus free . These are they ..
I’m familiar with Tangfastics. Is that what he meant?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1605955023.488984.jpg

·
Registered
8,437 Posts
Right chaps . Fitted the rear led indicators . Work fine on the outside but Hyper-flash on dash, Also looking at both std and led side by side I see no difference .So have ditched those and put std bulbs back in. For the reverse leds I can’t comment as I wont know until dark. But my 9 year old daughter said when I was doing a side to side comparison the led side was white and std side more yellow . So going to stick with the leds for reverse .

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
I found the reverse led to be nice, white and bright.

The hyper flash on the dash is probably the car not realising the bulb is working. A resistor is probably required but whether you want to go to that extreme with the rear wiring is another issue.

I know you did it with the fronts Conor, so it shouldn’t be any different a job.

Hang on until mine turn up and we’ll compare and contrast.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts