Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what LED's are required or even have links for the footwell and puddle lamps on the XF?

I'd like to change the footwell LED's to the same colour as the interior lighting and tread plates. Pulddle lamps just a nice bright white :)

Thanks!

David.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Pretty sure they're all W5W/501 wedge bulbs.

Reactions: Gav

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
psst David.. they're not 'puddle lamps'.. they're 'approach lamps', very similar.. but much more upmarket... ;)

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
I bought these for the footwell, glovebox and boot of my X260. They're good at night.

Reactions: dhallworth

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys! I've ordered a pack of them :)

If anybody knows what the colour of blue is in the interior, it'd be good to know as I'd like the footwell ones to match the tread plates.

Thanks,

David.

·
Registered
9,849 Posts
Cheers guys! I've ordered a pack of them :)

If anybody knows what the colour of blue is in the interior, it'd be good to know as I'd like the footwell ones to match the tread plates.

Thanks,

David.
in classic it was just called phosphor blue, but might have changed over the years....

·
Registered
215 Posts
There is a long thread on bulb/LED replacement and colour choice. I think some of the blues were considered too dull and not like the existing phosphor blue. I used Philips LEDs that were white and they look loads better than the standard yellow bulbs. Approach lights can be a pain to remove - I have tried several times and given up as I know something will break eventually.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
For anyone trying to.. or wanting to remove the Approach Lamps/Lights.. I use one of these and it makes the job very easy:

If you don't have one, just use it as an idea for tools/implements you do have to make life much easier.. (y)

·
Registered
215 Posts
I did have a small screwdriver bent a bit like this, but still couldn't seem to hit the spot. I'll perhaps give it another go. As I have keyless entry it is something I can live with as I hardly ever use the key fob button so I am opening the door by the time these come on.

·
Registered
296 Posts
with my interior seat upgrade exploits, a set of door cards came with the seats , in the door cards are the original phosphor blue LED strips that light the inside window controls etc, so im looking at transplanting them whole or in part to somewhere in the interior ?

suggestions ?

oh , under the front seats to light the rear foot wells ?

or something like that

BB

·
Registered
5,181 Posts

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
groan... :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts