Jaguar Forum banner

61 - 80 of 114 Posts

Registered
馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伋鬆仯鬆伌鬆伩X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
Discussion Starter #63

Super Moderator
Wouldn鈥檛 you want all your carbon fibre bits and bobs to be covered though?
They are a BMW option, it鈥檚 the carbon pack, so not a modification, it鈥檚 an option 馃榿
I have a heated steering wheel, massage seats, 4 zone climate, rear heated seats, soft closing doors and laser headlights, all as options, would you declare them individually?

Reactions: DAVENN

Firm Rampant Member
They are a BMW option, it鈥檚 the carbon pack, so not a modification, it鈥檚 an option 馃榿
I have a heated steering wheel, massage seats, 4 zone climate, rear heated seats, soft closing doors and laser headlights, all as options, would you declare them individually?
I would declare that soft close doors are all very nice...but are ignored by all other users and are a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Reactions: tellmah

Registered
Discussion Starter #66
I would declare that soft close doors are all very nice...but are ignored by all other users and are a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
As is rear heated seats , used, i think twice in 4 years

Firm Rampant Member
I decided to not go for that nor the 4 zone option.
Our eldest never sat in the back of the velar , our youngest no more than 10 times.

Reactions: Gav

Firm Rampant Member
and I never did....except when cleaning it

Super Moderator
Completely agree, if fact, it gives a problem, adds useless weight 馃檮

Super Moderator
I use the heated seats alol the time, it鈥檚 set that if the outside temp is lower than 10 degrees, they come on automatically 馃榿

Super Moderator
I decided to not go for that nor the 4 zone option.
Our eldest never sat in the back of the velar , our youngest no more than 10 times.
But they are there for the use of, if ever needed or wanted, I like to look after my passengers 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter #72
I use the heated seats alol the time, it鈥檚 set that if the outside temp is lower than 10 degrees, they come on automatically 馃榿
As I do, remotely starting the car and set the climate to 22, well when I wasn鈥檛 working from home, those days are well gone lol

Reactions: Statler and DAVENN

Firm Rampant Member
But they are there for the use of, if ever needed or wanted, I like to look after my passengers 馃榿
unless your passenger(s) have a severe case of the Nobby's , cool leather on their bottom shouldn't be a problem

Super Moderator
As I do, remotely starting the car and set the climate to 22, well when I wasn鈥檛 working from home, those days are well gone lol
I鈥檝e not tried that feature yet, I guess that time will come in the summer, this car has no sunroof (an option I miss already) so remote start and cooling will be a must, as will the cooled seats

Firm Rampant Member
I'm quite looking forward to this but I can't imagine that I'll be using the time departure option that much.
Screenshot_20210408-220353_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210408-220353_Chrome.jpg

Super Moderator
Reactions: DAVENN and Gav

Firm Rampant Member
I doubt I would use the scheduled timing, but when leaving work on a hot day, remote start and seat cooling could be done say 3 mins before leaving
that's how I will use it TBH...worked a treat with the previous cars but now with added seat heating/cooling .. but I will see how my work demands tie in with taking Debs to work.

Registered
Discussion Starter #78
I don鈥檛 have scheduled timing and tbh even if I did I doubt I鈥檇 use it, as when I was travelling to work my departure time could vary quite a bit. I鈥檇 much prefer on demand

Firm Rampant Member
I don鈥檛 have scheduled timing and tbh even if I did I doubt I鈥檇 use it, as when I was travelling to work my departure time could vary quite a bit. I鈥檇 much prefer on demand
I've not absorbed it fully, Gav ,however I believe it takes advantage of the hybrid battery and charging facility....something that I WILL be using

Super Moderator
Exactly this Gav, I guess you could schedule it in the mornings as you tend to leave at a similar time each day

61 - 80 of 114 Posts