Jaguar Forum banner

41 - 60 of 114 Posts

·
Administrator
28,949 Posts
Figures, lol.

She's a game old gal, your grandma. ;)

(Edit - not that I have any personal knowledge)

·
Super Moderator
29,668 Posts
Figures, lol.

She's a game old gal, your grandma. ;)

(Edit - not that I have any personal knowledge)
Been pushing up daisies for 20 years lol

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Is there a law which states you can't insure your car for a deceased driver? I insured a non-existent car for a couple years just to retain a NCD some years back... The car had been scrapped years ago.

·
Super Moderator
29,668 Posts
Is there a law which states you can't insure your car for a deceased driver? I insured a non-existent car for a couple years just to retain a NCD some years back... The car had been scrapped years ago.
Lol, I have no idea, i guess it may get you a certificate of insurance, but should you need to make a claim, i wouldn’t hold your breath

·
Firm Rampant Member
15,608 Posts
Admiral covered my M5 Competition for £407, fully comp with business use and no claims protected, with a list of £106k, a bargain in my book
I'm expecting double that for the Velar ( list £74k ish)....the cash back from the DVLA will soften the blow.
The problem is that my town was one of the cash for crash capitals of the North...

edit

BB post codes...BB9 was highest around here

Nelson.

·
Super Moderator
29,668 Posts
I'm expecting double that for the Velar ( list £74k ish)....the cash back from the DVLA will soften the blow.
The problem is that my town was one of the cash for crash capitals of the North...

edit

BB post codes...BB9 was highest around here

Nelson.
Insurance is all about risk and location, I live in the sticks and so a fairly low risk are, just 15 miles away in Peterboroug, it would be quite a different story

Reactions: DAVENN

·
Firm Rampant Member
15,608 Posts
Insurance is all about risk and location, I live in the sticks and so a fairly low risk are, just 15 miles away in Peterboroug, it would be quite a different story
exactly.
Even though we are well out of it, we are penalised by post code and the antics of...cue the report button.
My route back from Debs' work takes me through an area that features at least one accident a week.....light jumping and anti social idiocy, mainly.
I took to having a baseball bat ( and ball) ...oh and some very decent dash cams in the cars.

( sadly ,the route back involves a few one way SUPPOSEDLY roads...)

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Does anyone have any "experience" with saga, good or bad?
I got quotes from them once, forever getting marketing crap from them.

·
Super Moderator
12,006 Posts
Always got the best insurance deal from a local independant broker, they have to be better than the internet to stay in business!

·
Registered
MY 2012 XF S Portfolio Ultimate Black
1,470 Posts
I eventually got fed up and went with admiral for £240 fc and it does allow me to drive other vehicles third party.
It was admiral that removed other cars from my policy (muti-car) for last renewal. I couldn’t find a better price and I was in rush. However, I changed where I keep the car over night from my garage to drive way and that dropped the price about £250😳😂
That eliminated my 0.5% doubt that no matter what I do, they find a way to increase the cost each year. Even though I never had a claim so far.

·
Registered
MY 2012 XF S Portfolio Ultimate Black
1,470 Posts
Always got the best insurance deal from a local independant broker, they have to be better than the internet to stay in business!
I find most brokers answer minor questions purposely wrong to knock the price down.
However people that use them get away for smaller claims.

·
Super Moderator
29,668 Posts
It was admiral that removed other cars from my policy (muti-car) for last renewal. I couldn’t find a better price and I was in rush. However, I changed where I keep the car over night from my garage to drive way and that dropped the price about £250😳😂
That eliminated my 0.5% doubt that no matter what I do, they find a way to increase the cost each year. Even though I never had a claim so far.
How strange and yet I have ‘drive other cars’ on my policy with Admiral

60967611-FE4D-4BC7-ADBA-2F4DB812E47F.png

·
19,578 Posts
Is MultiCar not a way to hook you into expensive renewals?

One policy expires today for example - and rises £200, but your wife's car doesn't renew until October say - and if you cancel your policy - then the wife's adjusted premium goes up (probably by £200).

As ever, the insurers are counting on you not being bothered to go to the effort to go hunting for a better price.

Convenience and loyalty come at a price.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Not quite a Jaguar but I have just entered details of my car, a FFRR 3.0TD, into about 5 websites and one thing struck me.
Through Money Supermarket I was quoted £381, with quote from Saga. This included legal cover and NCB of 15 years and my wife as named additional driver.
I then put exactly the same details into the Saga website and they quoted £384.
I know it's only £3 but if anything, I would have thought the quotes would be round the other way?
Does anyone have any "experience" with saga, good or bad?
I’m with saga on the xfr, good price, very good when I had to make a claim..

·
Registered
20,043 Posts
A few years ago I got rear-ended in the XF while under Saga insurance. They were very good during the claim which clearly was "no fault".
Strangely, when the renewal came through, it had increased . . a lot! Who'd have thought? I swapped.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
Just did a Compare on the Meerkat site and the XF with towbar and Tunit has come back at £295 + £250 excess with Admiral or Elephant (same Group).
Direct Line this year was just under £400 with a (now) £700 excess for the noted modifications.

The only draw with DL is the £40 Greenflag Recovery, which would cost me £280 direct - (EU plus two cars)
I need to be recoverable from Ireland, which requires EU cover, plus with DL, eldest's Mini gets covered as well.

Decisions, decisions...

Let's hope for our Scottish members, they stay united, have you seen the costs for breakdown cover outside of the EU?..... :oops:

·
Firm Rampant Member
15,608 Posts
A few years ago I got rear-ended in the XF while under Saga insurance. They were very good during the claim which clearly was "no fault".
Strangely, when the renewal came through, it had increased . . a lot! Who'd have thought? I swapped.
are we back to dogging ,?

Reactions: Gav

·
Registered
464 Posts
That's good to hear that claims get dealt with to our satisfaction, not the insurance company.
Can you remember if you could choose the repair garage or did they insist on theirs?

·
Registered
20,043 Posts
That's good to hear that claims get dealt with to our satisfaction, not the insurance company.
Can you remember if you could choose the repair garage or did they insist on theirs?
I have always specified which body shop did the repairs (I've had one or two bumps) but fortunately the Jaguar/Aston Martin body shop near me seems to be on an insurance list somewhere.

41 - 60 of 114 Posts