Jaguar Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I've a vague recollection I've heard of this issue and it turned out the security handshake in the car (I suspect that meant a certificate) was out of date and needed the dealer to update the firmware? I could be totally wrong of course and misremembering.....

·
Registered
Jaguar XF Sportbrake
3 Posts
The instructions with the Ubigi sim, advised to install the sim and once it connected to 3/4G to connect my phone to the car hot spot and input the car ID and password, however didn't get to that stage. I have my subscriptions for live maps from Here.com and my In-Control Touch Pro. My live subscription started in September last year and was working up until 24th April this year, just a week after my other subscriptions were due, but I had renewed almost a month earlier and they were going to renew at the expiry date which was 19th April, so no reason they should not be available.

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,269 Posts
The instructions with the Ubigi sim, advised to install the sim and once it connected to 3/4G to connect my phone to the car hot spot and input the car ID and password, however didn't get to that stage. I have my subscriptions for live maps from Here.com and my In-Control Touch Pro. My live subscription started in September last year and was working up until 24th April this year, just a week after my other subscriptions were due, but I had renewed almost a month earlier and they were going to renew at the expiry date which was 19th April, so no reason they should not be available.
Forgetting about the sim... you can't get online using your phone as a ( wifi) hotspot?

Why would you need to connect your phone as an hotspot, if you have a sim?
I had an UBIGI sim with my velar, I don't recall faffing about at all...but think I had to activate it online.
I still have the account but no SIM,, or I wld have posted it.
As noted, might be an idea to check the licenses.

What has the supplier said?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've used PAYG Three Sim and it works fine on my v2016 model but its 3G signal only, so not worthy long term - I hardly use it.

I use my phone as a hotspot when its connected to the car.

I use the 'allowed' jaguar apps for navigation (Genius Maps) rather than the native version. It works really well and uses my phone's Internet connection to provide live traffic updates and automated re-routing.

I hope this helps.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts