21 - 40 of 45 Posts

Founder member
I use a tri sim with no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firm Rampant Member
I use a tri sim with no issues

i dont doubt it.
it depends on the ICE and the sim carrier.

The handbook specifically states to not use these but you can use an adapter with an adhesive backing.
As noted elsewhere, the only 'tri' sim that i managed to locate in the carrier was one supplied by ID.
My sim of choice, GIFGAF, would just not stay in the carrier.

Founder member
I use a 3 one, this is the second one

Registered
Your new version of InControl does over-the-air updates of maps and software. That could be it.

Is your phone paired to the car WiFi hotspot and you鈥檝e forgotten about it?

Firm Rampant Member
Your new version of InControl does over-the-air updates of maps and software. That could be it.

Is your phone paired to the car WiFi hotspot and you鈥檝e forgotten about it?
good point.
the data usage has been high since day 1, though.

the phone isnt paired though.

Registered
I changed my sim yesterday evening - with some trepidation.
I couldn't push the old one in with my thumb nail so I used the edge of a 20p coin. The sim card sprang out nicely.
Then used the 20p coin to push in the new sim. No problems.
The sim connected instantly.
Felt as if I had just completed some hi-tec job. Very childishly satisfying :)

Firm Rampant Member
I changed my sim yesterday evening - with some trepidation.
I couldn't push the old one in with my thumb nail so I used the edge of a 20p coin. The sim card sprang out nicely.
Then used the 20p coin to push in the new sim. No problems.
The sim connected instantly.
Felt as if I had just completed some hi-tec job. Very childishly satisfying :)
Serious question...( oh well done :) ) which SIM pls?

Registered
It was one I got from WorldSim. What is called a triple sim.
I broke out the middle size which is the micro sim. I checked with the sim I removed before 'breaking it out'.
It uses the '3' network.
I got it with a gadget for getting wi-fi anywhere in the World. There was an offer on which meant the gadget and/or sim card
was included for the price of 拢30. Can't remember how many Gb.s Think it was 20Gb over 12 months.

Registered
This , but it was 拢30

/www.worldsim.com/wifi-router?_cldee=cG9wZXllc3BhaW5AaG90bWFpbC5jb20%3d&recipientid=contact-f253149df88ce811a39b000c29

Tri-Fi Portable WiFi Router with Powerbank

Firm Rampant Member
It was one I got from WorldSim. What is called a triple sim.
I broke out the middle size which is the micro sim. I checked with the sim I removed before 'breaking it out'.
It uses the '3' network.
I got it with a gadget for getting wi-fi anywhere in the World. There was an offer on which meant the gadget and/or sim card
was included for the price of 拢30. Can't remember how many Gb.s Think it was 20Gb over 12 months.
cheers!!

Registered
Are the sim ports in different locations, mine is in the storage area between the front seats. Jaguar have started giving the sims out with new cars think its only 500mb a month but its for 36months if I have read it correctly.

Registered
Are the sim ports in different locations, mine is in the storage area between the front seats. Jaguar have started giving the sims out with new cars think its only 500mb a month but its for 36months if I have read it correctly.
Jaguar did not give me one..

Super Moderator
Just popped one in the XJ. Tri sim and split out the microSim part. Worked straight away.

It wouldn鈥檛 let me login to InControl Live. Just said, unable to connect (015). Even when connecting with my home Wi-fi.

Firm Rampant Member
Just received a THREE 12 Gb SIM ( did it via Amazon Prime, so binged watched the grand tour for free and will be taking the box with us when we go away on Fri).
first was the easy bit, getting the ID card out of the carrier- after all, it slipped straight in (ooh).
(no matter how often I pushed the sim further in, it would not pop out.)

10 mins of swearing later, I decide to lever out the fascia with a trusty dinner spoon ( other cutlery could equally be utilised).
just by flexing the top of the fascia caused the sim to pop out.

Before I put the THREE card in, I compared it to the ID and it was absolutely identical.
after another 10mins of swearing, I pushed the facia against the rear of the cubby and again tried to locate the sim, with the edge of the larger card.
popped home and that was it.
No problems... connected straight away.

sorted.

Super Moderator
I had no issues installing the EE tri sim in the XJ.

Firm Rampant Member
yep.
I believe that it's a combination of the fascia and carrier, with this particular car.

it's staying there for 6 months now...

Registered
Jaguar XF Sportbrake
Hi I'm a newby on this forum, Had a sim from Three, connected immediately and worked fine from September 2021 until it suddenly stopped working on 24th April this year, spoke with Three, gave me a replacement, could not get it to connect, tried one from EE, also would not connect, was told about the one supplied in new Jaguars, although there was none in mine when I bought it. It is from a French company UBIGI, it's supposed to connect automatically too, will not connect. It reads the sim, them shows mobile settings, but only get the three dots apparently trying to connect, but never does. Anyone know anything about checking out the sim reader without a bill from Jaguar?

Firm Rampant Member
Hi I'm a newby on this forum, Had a sim from Three, connected immediately and worked fine from September 2021 until it suddenly stopped working on 24th April this year, spoke with Three, gave me a replacement, could not get it to connect, tried one from EE, also would not connect, was told about the one supplied in new Jaguars, although there was none in mine when I bought it. It is from a French company UBIGI, it's supposed to connect automatically too, will not connect. It reads the sim, them shows mobile settings, but only get the three dots apparently trying to connect, but never does. Anyone know anything about checking out the sim reader without a bill from Jaguar?
Welcome.
First question (s)
Can you connect via your hone WiFi or by hotsppotting your phone?

21 - 40 of 45 Posts