Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've had my subscription renewal come through today and decided to renew. £60 for 2 years to manage (a) show status of vehicle (fuel and issues) (b) remote control alarm/doors/engine (c) show Its GPS map location and finally (d) option to record point to point destinations; its a non-brainer for me & certainly worthwhile given the cost.

For the record, its 'remote premium' and 'Protect' subscriptions which comes to £60 and applies to X260 models onwards (forgot to mention that, thanks
statler. I've also posted this in the wrong section..should be x260 doh)...

I would have opted for the 'Guardian' subscription but that's only available in the newest models (2020 onwards).

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
Mine is due at the beginning of February. It'll also remote start the car in inclement conditions so you're toastie from the get-go :)

However, I believe this is only for New XF (X260) and other 2016+ Jaguar models

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Mine is due at the beginning of February. It'll also remote start the car in inclement conditions so you're toastie from the get-go :)

However, I believe this is only for New XF (X260) and other 2016+ Jaguar models
I think you're right. I paid £129 for 3 years.
Frustratingly, I could see the price on JLR website but not how to pay. It kept telling me to log in to Route Planner.
I still couldn't see how to pay. Phoned them. They promised to email me with instructions...No email
Eventually I stumbled across it when looking at up-dating maps. Phew ! What a palaver.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought the car at 4 years old in the summer. Is it possible to get all these features working after the original owner presumably let the subscription lapse?

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
The way I read it, Yes.
Suggest you go the route I went. Look at page for up-dating maps. I think you have to register.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Presumably that’s somewhere within Jaguar my in control or whatever it’s called? I don’t have an account there yet.

Im mainly interested in remote start and climate. I think I need incontrol pro for that to work? Is there any way of knowing if my car has this

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
You are right, you do need the top level In Control and it has to be fitted when new. No retro-fit.
Without checking, I can't remember how you can tell which you have. Sorry.
Someone else will know :)

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
First off, your car needs to be compatible.

Jaguar Customer Relations can tell you if it is from the Topix info generated when the car was built.

They can also arrange to have the subscription transferred to you. As can any Jaguar Dealer.

My car was 3.5 when bought it and the dealer had no trouble activating the InControl Remote tor me.

My subscription is call InControl Remote Premium and give remote climate/start, journeys, fuel level, mileage, beep and flash, locking and just lately it will let me know if I haven’t locked it.

The next level up is Remote Protect which if you can get it, is around £260 per year.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is it possible to get all these features working after the original owner presumably let the subscription lapse?
You certainly can...though its not a 1/2 day session...but a good journey nonetheless.

Basic steps from memory:

1. Create an account here, jaguar InControl portal https://incontrol.jaguar.com/jaguar-portal-owner-web/login
2. Add your vehicle, this may not work and you'll need to contact jaguar services by phone. They'll ask for proof of purchase and/or log book via email.
3. Once that's done, pay for the subscription, start with [remote premium] and [secure] subscriptions, though I'm happy with [remote premium]
4. Download the In-Control app and sign in.
5. Register the vehicle itself to the account (definitely more than a couple of hours...a customer video is here but there is another video to explain the process)

Remote premium demo here
InControl account management details can be found here

I hope this helps....:geek:

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
12,308 Posts
Presumably that’s somewhere within Jaguar my in control or whatever it’s called? I don’t have an account there yet.

Im mainly interested in remote start and climate. I think I need incontrol pro for that to work? Is there any way of knowing if my car has this
You are right, you do need the top level In Control and it has to be fitted when new. No retro-fit.
Without checking, I can't remember how you can tell which you have. Sorry.
Someone else will know :)
No need to have in control pro, I only have in control touch and remote starting works fine (most of the time!)
So no matter which version you have it'll work.

Reactions: Popeye

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
remote starting works fine (most of the time!)
That's true, there are times when the vehicle is stationary and when checking the app, it says you cant use it as its in motion. So it very much depends on the car's signal reception and condition of the battery. If the battery power level is low (because of non-use for a couple of weeks) its likely to say its 'sleeping'....interesting term...

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
12,308 Posts
That's true, there are times when the vehicle is stationary and when checking the app, it says you cant use it as its in motion. So it very much depends on the car's signal reception and condition of the battery. If the battery power level is low (because of non-use for a couple of weeks) its likely to say its 'sleeping'....interesting term...
This is for when parked in (say) a airport car park, it will go to sleep after 48hrs (I think) but you can programme it to wake up on the day of your choosing.

Reactions: Popeye
1 - 14 of 14 Posts