Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this upgrade worth having?

Is the drivers TFT display far better than the standard instruments?

Are there problems with the system, i.e. things going wrong with it.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
11,212 Posts
It’s a big job to upgrade from the 8” InControl Touch to the 10” InControl Touch Pro.

Onotole has done it, he showed the process a while back which appears to involve ripping out half the wiring loom.

The TFT instrument display is a separate thing. I found that once set, you tend to leave it at the one display. It is better at showing things like your current media playing when you are using Nav, something the physical binnacle TFT screen can’t do.
I have seen cars with the 8” InControl media screen and the TFT instrument display, so it may be possible to upgrade.

There are much cheaper options if you want CarPlay type functionality.

Something along these lines.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Is this upgrade worth having?

Is the drivers TFT display far better than the standard instruments?

Are there problems with the system, i.e. things going wrong with it.

Thanks for any help.
I had the virual instruments on my previous XF, but now have standard ones (not by choice). The ONLY thing I'm missing is the full screen map display on longer trips.

·
Firm Rampant Member
23,116 Posts
I had the virual instruments on my previous XF, but now have standard ones (not by choice). The ONLY thing I'm missing is the full screen map display on longer trips.
sorry and do forgive the daft query
" not by choice " ?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Many thanks for the replies. Not looking to upgrade an car I have but am currently looking for an XF so wondering if I should put the Pro on the wishlist that a car should have.

·
Firm Rampant Member
23,116 Posts
Many thanks for the replies. Not looking to upgrade an car I have but am currently looking for an XF so wondering if I should put the Pro on the wishlist that a car should have.
Yes.
Definitely.
Iirc Pro is still fully supported.

Reactions: Statler

·
Registered
11,212 Posts
Definitely.

Major updates on InControl Pro have stopped with the introduction of Pivi Pro from MY21.

You should be looking for one that can do CarPlay / Android Auto so you’d be > MY18 but make sure it has been added or can be added.

·
Registered
Battery powered superhero
5,391 Posts
You should be looking for one that can do CarPlay / Android Auto so you’d be > MY18 but make sure it has been added or can be added.
If buying from a Jaguar dealer and the InTouch Pro has 3 tiles on its home screen rather than 4, then it needs the update to be able to provide Apple CarPlay etc, so insist as part of the sale they do it.

·
21,569 Posts
If buying from a Jaguar dealer and the InTouch Pro has 3 tiles on its home screen rather than 4, then it needs the update to be able to provide Apple CarPlay etc, so insist as part of the sale they do it.
Isn't it the other way round? 4 Tiles shows the older software?

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Oops, finger slip. Yes, older = 4, newer = 3.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine is a MY17 with an up to date Pro and Android auto is via USB only. I assume Bluetooth isn't possible?
To OP, Pro and digital dash were two of the things on my list of must haves. I know if I didn't have it I'd question myself every time I drove it.

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
I use an Active Brodit cradle (and mount) with the USB cable permanently plugged in. Just slip the phone into the cradle and it connects and charges. Dead easy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts