Jaguar Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Firm Rampant Member
15,608 Posts
I just posted an email from Jaguar saying they've dropped their contract with Naviextras and there will be no more maps. Further if you go to Naviextras it loops you back to the Jaguar InControl updater, and I have the latest maps which are Q4 2019.
so these maps are/were not supported by HERE

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
Interesting, my nav prefs say that I'm on database version : JLRNLIFC6EU;HMEU25.3.9550
The Jaguar InControl Map Updater tells me that my maps are up to date, but... I can buy an update for £97.00 which will take me to 28.4.10727 (Q4 2019)
So they're not up to date.

Looking at the XE forums, this is the last map update for ICT and we have to pay £97 for it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Interesting, my nav prefs say that I'm on database version : JLRNLIFC6EU;HMEU25.3.9550
The Jaguar InControl Map Updater tells me that my maps are up to date, but... I can buy an update for £97.00 which will take me to 28.4.10727 (Q4 2019)
So they're not up to date.

Looking at the XE forums, this is the last map update for ICT and we have to pay £97 for it.

Yup, that's it. I paid the £97 then discovered how old they were and charged it back via PayPal when I found out they were old and openly discontinued by Jaguar, they didn't dispute it and my money was refunded. Sod paying £100 for 2-year-old maps for a game of marbles...

·
Registered
370 Posts
The touch system is the same used in Toyota/Lexus vehicles of its time and made by Alpine. Touch pro is made by Bosch, although the software has a similar look which is intended. The touch system was a stop gap until enough pro systems were built to make them standard across the range.

With the F-Type not getting Pivi Pro due to cut back on costs, the touch pro should be supported till at least 2023. Touch pro uses an Intel Atom CPU. Pivi Pro - snapdragon 820.

Infotainment systems are being updated much more regularly now. They’re already working on a Pivi Pro replacement for the next generation of vehicles.

Reactions: DAVENN

·
Firm Rampant Member
15,608 Posts
The touch system is the same used in Toyota/Lexus vehicles of its time and made by Alpine. Touch pro is made by Bosch, although the software has a similar look which is intended. The touch system was a stop gap until enough pro systems were built to make them standard across the range.

With the F-Type not getting Pivi Pro due to cut back on costs, the touch pro should be supported till at least 2023. Touch pro uses an Intel Atom CPU. Pivi Pro - snapdragon 820.

Infotainment systems are being updated much more regularly now. They’re already working on a Pivi Pro replacement for the next generation of vehicles.
this is good info
it beggars the question why on earth would they create Touch to simply fill a supply gap with Pro ?

·
Registered
370 Posts
It’s cheap and off the shelf, already available. Whilst the system that they actually want to get in place is still being produced in large enough quantities to then release. The XF was the first to have it, then XE didn’t have it till over a year later, with the XJ and F-Type being way later. The XJ getting a frankenstein system of touch pro but with an 8” screen.

·
Firm Rampant Member
15,608 Posts
It’s cheap and off the shelf, already available. Whilst the system that they actually want to get in place is still being produced in large enough quantities to then release. The XF was the first to have it, then XE didn’t have it till over a year later, with the XJ and F-Type being way later. The XJ getting a frankenstein system of touch pro but with an 8” screen.
so it is identical to other OEMs.

the next question is...are they still supporting it?

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
Interesting indeed.

I ended up shelling out £97 for the map update only to have it crap my SD card, so currently have no NAV.
I've opened a case with Paypal for a refund as there is no direct support from NaviExtras for this.

Speaking to my nearest Dealer, it seems that as my car was guaranteed 3 years of updates in warranty, the one I've just paid for should have been included (July 2016 reg, update is Q4 2018) for free. Another reason to get the money back.

It now appears that I have to get the Dealer to diagnose this and supply a new SD card specific to my car @ circa £300 if I want the NAV to work again.... along with traffic sign recognition, which is now very hit and miss.

Somewhat unhappy....

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Firm Rampant Member
15,608 Posts
only somewhat?

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
Yeah, nowhere near as bad as a cacked HUD.... ;)

·
Firm Rampant Member
15,608 Posts
Yeah, nowhere near as bad as a cacked HUD.... ;)
it wasn't totally cacked...just the satnav bit...which did work on the TFT etc.

😉😉

41 - 51 of 51 Posts