Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I found this quite annoying, I'm not pleased to find out that Jaguar have officially abandoned the navigation system for my car.

The InControl 8" will receive no future updates and the latest maps are Q4 2019.

Here's what I received from Jag:

My car is only 4 years old, and its satnav is now worthless....good to know lol yet the x250 still gets updates?

·
Firm Rampant Member
15,608 Posts
Hi guys,

I found this quite annoying, I'm not pleased to find out that Jaguar have officially abandoned the navigation system for my car.

The InControl 8" will receive no future updates and the latest maps are Q4 2019.

Here's what I received from Jag:
View attachment 185730

My car is only 4 years old, and its satnav is now worthless....good to know lol yet the x250 still gets updates?
is that sw updates ( a known known) or the lot?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Map updates, maps are stuck in 2019, no new roads/routes. So the x250s 8 year old system has newer maps than the x260.

·
Super Moderator
28,976 Posts
I think they've basically admitted that ICTP was a failure.

·
Firm Rampant Member
15,608 Posts
Map updates, maps are stuck in 2019, no new roads/routes. So the x250s 8 year old system has newer maps than the x260.
Mmm
There is a thread on the X250 nav.
I've not followed it fully.
Are the maps actually updated or fresh batches of discs created?

TBH I wldnt be too chuffed with this BUT continuing to support legacy formats is expensive.

·
Firm Rampant Member
15,608 Posts

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
I'd doubt that the X250 facelift maps are as new, I read somewhere on here that the X250 map updates that you buy are stuck at 2015.
The X250 facelift is a difficult system to update, mine were stuck at 2011 vintage in 2019. I regularly found myself driving through fields.....
Happy to be corrected...

We all know that vehicle systems move forward and that in-car maps will stop being updated at some point or other. Jaguar abandoned the 8" ICT screen/system some time ago.
When I checked for new maps for mine about 8 months ago, none were available.
That said, I used it to drive from Belfast to Dublin and back last week and it worked perfectly, and didn't take me through any fields ;)

If you want the latest maps and satnav at all times, then a mobile app, like WAZE is the only option to keep on top of this.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,976 Posts
They're still updating ICTP maps on the F-Pace.
But they've already replaced the system with Pivi Pro. They've been dropping support for ICTP for a while now. ICTP barely made it 5 years.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
But they've already replaced the system with Pivi Pro. They've been dropping support for ICTP for a while now. ICTP barely made it 5 years.
that may be, but they still update, for now.
Perhaps the mapping system they use is NOT embedded in ICTP and is PiViPro compatible?
The actual on-screen interface/experience, from what I've seen of your i-Pace is the same.

·
Super Moderator
28,976 Posts
that may be, but they still update, for now.
Perhaps the mapping system they use is NOT embedded in ICTP and is PiViPro compatible?
Why would they stop providing updates for the XF but continue the F-PACE when they both use the same InControl system?

HERE provide the maps, I think they've provided the maps for years now, even back to the X250.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
I have non-Pro in the XF and Pro in the F-Pace. They are very, very different systems.

Reactions: DAVENN

·
Super Moderator
28,976 Posts
I doubt they are that different in terms of software, just like a PC.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
Yep, Windows Me and Windows 10.... ;)

·
Super Moderator
28,976 Posts

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
Aye, but that's hardware....

·
Super Moderator
28,976 Posts

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
So, talkiing this back, the hardware and the software are different between ICT and ICT Pro.
The maps may be from the same supplier, but they have had to make different versions for ICT and ICTP.
Jaguar have decided not to pay for the version updates on ICT, but continue to do so for the ICTP users. The last of those is probably 2020MY like our F-Pace. The deal was three years of updates under the subscription, so after that, they may well stop.

Reactions: Rigger

·
Super Moderator
28,976 Posts
So you are saying that JLR wrote two completely different pieces of software for their cars, eventhough most of the functionality is the same? I don't buy it. It doesn't make any sense to do that.

·
Firm Rampant Member
15,608 Posts
So you are saying that JLR wrote two completely different pieces of software for their cars, eventhough most of the functionality is the same? I don't buy it. It doesn't make any sense to do that.
yep.
hard keys v soft keys

the satnav in the hard key version was not as per ictp

1 - 20 of 51 Posts