Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a set of illuminated tread plates and the wiring loom for a 2014 X250 please :)

Anybody got a set gathering dust?

David.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Loving your optimism David.. (y)

:D

I have a set you can have for £12,500 if you like, they come with the wiring loom.. and are even already fitted to a freebie 2013 XF-S Portfolio Sportbrake with 113,000 miles on the clock... :LOL:

Seriously though, good luck with your search.. they do look lovely when fitted and like it should have been from the factory on a top level XF.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The front tread plates on mine still have the blue cellophane cover on them. If someone is selling a car with illuminating ones I’d quite happily swap an immaculate set of originals and beer tokens for a set with the loom!

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
I like the illuminated tread plates, but I think they are only available with the old Jaguar font. Looks like you have the new font (like mine). Minor OCD on my part...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: brake-buster

·
Registered
17,512 Posts
Not so. At least for the XJ . .

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm 99% sure I've got a set of these sorted. Just need to confirm tomorrow :)

David.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bugger... still looking.

The one’s I’d found were C2Z5587AMT which is Oyster. I need C2Z5587LEG which is warm charcoal.

David.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Jordan, will have a gander whilst having my coffee shortly.

David.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess if I was going to dye them then some PPF over the top would keep the colour from scuffing as well.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I dont see the need, they hold up fine, here is the second attempt I did to get colour match correctly:

There is a post earlier on in more detail about actually applying

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That looks like it was very simple, Jordan. The colour match looks good also. Would you recommend the product that's pictured in your photograph to do the job?

David.

Reactions: JordanRaven

·
Registered
17,512 Posts
My only comment would be how resistant to scratching, etc., is that stuff? By virtue of what that plate is, it is subject to scuffs and scrapes.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That was my concern as well, John.

However, due to my the fact my OCD would trigger me into a melt down if they do end up badly scuffed I'm giving some thought to have them wrapped in PPF before fitting them.

David.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I would indeed recommend it, I havent scratched mine at all but I can see the point about PPF. I had some in the garage but decided against it because I didn't want any reaction or the sheen

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have a set in my garage but they're the ones I took out my XF S and will be fitting into my XF R shortly. A lovely mod but not cheap! I've managed to keep my mint. always tell mrs T to be careful getting in /out. She must hate me.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Just been out to look at mine for you David and there are no noticeable scratches or even light scuffs in the 20K I've done since I got them.. I get into the car at least 5 times a day during a working week, usually 10 or more.. and they were second hand when I got them. There are however some scratches in the metal.. but only on the passenger side, metal tipped high heals I'd guess?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts