Jaguar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
18,452 Posts
Good job, Graham! Well done. Looking forward to the pics.

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,153 Posts
Well done, nothing like the gratification of completing something you didn't think you could!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well done Graham!! Bet you're well chuffed with yourself!! :cool:

Roll on tonight eh.. :D

I hope Mrs. Graham is suitably impressed.. (y)
Thanks for the reply. I am not sure Mrs Wilson (Christine) was that impressed when I asked her to help me cover the car and asked her to open the drivers door to see my fabulous work!! (I polished it 2 months ago at the start of this epidemic and have not used it since). I will need to win the Lottery to buy my own home (with garage of course) so any work I do, can be done in the warm/dry and no wind. My next idea is to see if there are such things as rear illuminated treadplates, one can never get enough extra's for my Jaguar. I did see someone fitted an illuminating gear knob, now that's dead flash haha

Graham & Christine

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
I am not sure Mrs Wilson (Christine) was that impressed when I asked her to help me cover the car and asked her to open the drivers door to see my fabulous work!!
:LOL:

No such thing as illuminated rear tread plates I'm afraid..

As for further modification ideas.. you could have a look at this thread: Bling for your X250 interior... ;)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Well done Graham. They do look fantastic at night but you may struggle to see them in summer lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well done Graham!! Bet you're well chuffed with yourself!! :cool:

Roll on tonight eh.. :D

I hope Mrs. Graham is suitably impressed.. (y)
Hi again,
I took a picture of the passenger side, as well as the drivers side last night and, took my wife out to show her the end result. Even she thought the upgrade was a worthwhile consideration. Unfortunately both pictures came out blurred, in the case of the drivers side, it was not worth showing. The passenger side however does give a reasonable view of the effect, so here it is.

Thanks again to all who bothered to reply, and I hope anyone who reads it takes on this excellent upgrade, along with my hesitancy to complete the installation with the assistance of the Members of the forum.

What next I ask myself. I am always looking for ways to make my XF different from all others, so any ideas would be warmly received and faithfully applied!

Graham
DSC_0021.JPG

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
(y)

·
Registered
6,578 Posts
That looks great, Mrs Statler has those in her F-Pace and loves them.
Crystal Bling is the way to go.... ;)

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
Good thought John!.. (y)

·
Registered
448 Posts
They look really smart. Have you got a link to the site that you bought them from? Did they come with all of the wiring required?

David.

Reactions: Wgt510

·
Registered
359 Posts

·
18,706 Posts
Hi Graham,

looks a good job. Bet you're pleased. Immense satisfaction when you do something yourself and it works.

I notice you mentioned a cover. Do you have a whole car cover? I only ask as we've had other members on here with experience of it causing more scratches.
More the pity if you've spent a good bit of time polishing and waxing it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I fitted these to mine after finding a set gathering dust on the shelf at a local dealer. I'm far more satisfied with them then I should be given what they are.

Now winter is coming and the days are getting shorter I'll be able to see them more often :)

David.

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
They are very nice aren't they, really help set the car off when it's dark.. :cool:

Reactions: JordanRaven

·
Registered
359 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
is that sarcasm ?

i cant tell ?

BB

21 - 40 of 41 Posts