Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have got hold of a pair of used illuminated tread plates, they are in very good condition , but not perfect, and come with the loom tails and plugs, but no installation loom

do i install or not, the big debate.....

the only fly in the ointment, is they are the wrong typeface for my 2015 x250 car, it has the long flat tail J , and these dont

i could do some accurate masking, and Matt black them out, and they would look really good with the phosphor blue through the black ,

dont know, still debating what to do

BB

Reactions: Rigger

·
Registered
7,092 Posts
Do it.

Riggers look class as do the ones on the Mrs F-Pace.

Reactions: Rigger

·
Registered
376 Posts
Run the wires from each side to the footwell lights, makes it a simple job!

·
Registered
555 Posts
I bought a set for my 2014 XFR earlier this year which are officially the wrong type face for the car, however, when they’re illuminated they’re a really nice thing to look at and you soon forget the font being wrong. Mine make me smile every time I open the door.

The ones I bought were Oyster but with Jordan’s advice, I bought some Wurth plastic dye and dyed them Charcoal for my car and the colour match to the seats is absolutely perfect.

Pictures of the original v dyed and then fitted further down the page here:

David.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have these on my car,classic Xf-s.They look fantastic at night and definitely add some more class to the car.Picked mine up about three years ago at a bargain price of £175 and were brand new,quite hard to come by unless you pay the eye watering price Jaguar want.

·
19,043 Posts
Yup - do it. I'm very happy with mine!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts