·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
???

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Space is very good. We regularly have the in-laws in the back and FiL is 6' with good knee room
The back seat is likely big enough for two car seats and one booster in the middle

Reactions: NewcyBlue

·
Registered
344 Posts
Space is very good. We regularly have the in-laws in the back and FiL is 6' with good knee room
The back seat is likely big enough for two car seats and one booster in the middle
That’s perfect.
We can gets the twins car seats in the XFS but not Seb’s car seat. His car seat should do him until he is 12.

I’ve not skimped on the car seats, so they are quite bulky things.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Here’s an idea of size. I’m 5’10”
I’ve about 4” with the front seat in ‘normal’ position. I’ve about 12” behind Mrs S seat.

There is plenty of room for fiddling with the kids seats when the doors at open. No bending over either.

The tunnel is quite high if your eldest was in the middle but but he’ll have bags of room in the front when you’re away

Reactions: NewcyBlue

·
Registered
344 Posts
Here’s an idea of size. I’m 5’10”
I’ve about 4” with the front seat in ‘normal’ position. I’ve about 12” behind Mrs S seat.

There is plenty of room for fiddling with the kids seats when the doors at open. No bending over either.

The tunnel is quite high if your eldest was in the middle but but he’ll have bags of room in the front when you’re away

That’s brilliant mate. Appreciate that. I’ll show the Mrs this tomorrow.

I’m 5’10” also, my Mrs is only a couple of inches shorter, although she seems to prefer sitting a bit closer to the wheel for her height than I would have thought.

The twins car seats are 44cm long, I can’t remember how wide.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've not looked in the back really, will check it out tomorrow. My general view was it is similar space wise to the XF.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Here’s the XF for comparison
Slightly less room in the back by about half an inch. I’m still comfortable.

·
Super Moderator
30,287 Posts
Rear legroom in the I-PACE is most excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Statler

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
I would concur

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've not looked in the back really, will check it out tomorrow. My general view was it is similar space wise to the XF.
oops forgot, and it’s currently seats down and loaded with golf bags, will try to remember tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
30,287 Posts
oops forgot, and it’s currently seats down and loaded with golf bags, will try to remember tomorrow.
Blimey, how many golf bats do you have?

Reactions: idrobbo and PeteA

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We're both playing early (06:30 am) tomorrow, so 2 bags + 2 electric trolleys, and other associated paraphernalia in case it's wet.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thought I would update this after just over 3 months.

I've put just over 3100 miles on it (1000 in 1 week picking up/returning MiL). It has returned 29 mpg (compares well to 33 I was getting in XFS).

I find it comfortable to drive, and the long journeys have been just as easy as in the XF. Gradually getting more used to the different driving experience, don't tend to push it too much. It's a big car for small spaces so need to be careful in car parks. I like the large screen for the sat nav, and also the HUD. I'm pretty sure there are still some undiscovered features to be found, and would like JLR to release the update providing wireless carplay as I can't be bothered to connect using a cable.

Overall very pleased with the switch, and of course I can always go fire up the V8 for a loud & swift fix.

·
Super Moderator
30,287 Posts
Wireless CarPlay should be available in the coming weeks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts