Jaguar Forum banner
41 - 60 of 203 Posts

·
Firm Rampant Member
17,023 Posts
I suspect that's the case. I've got the 3.5 update on mine and it's fine, but I don't have rear climate.

Have a look on the F-Pace forums. Loads of members there investigating getting the new 4.0 software that you see in the I-Pace onto other cars.

https://www.fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4002
The head tech told me that all upgrades had been frozen.
I, kind of, hope that they haven't touched mine...even though ( after taking advice EEEEEK !) it does seem to work and I asked them to go ahead.
Sh33t !!
If they have had a go and have bricked it...then they will probably have to replace the entire unit.
If they have bricked it...I'm not keeping XF "prestige"... apart from it having a decent turn of speed ( it's only 163 but just the RWD) this thing squeaks worse than mine and is a bit sparse in terms of tech.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts

·
Firm Rampant Member
17,023 Posts
My dealer have decided against throwing in 3.5, they aren't too sure just what the impact of front and year climate will have?
The head tech guy, Dennis, at Fox's is a truly wonderful chap.
He told me that when he does do a SW update, he deliberately slows down the transfer...he believes that it is more reliable.
So...I'm taking her in a week on Tue and leaving her for two weeks- whilst we are on holiday.
He will then upload V4 ( it looks superb..edit bland!) taking his time and liasing with his colleagues in India, if needs must.
IF IT gets bricked, they've got a few weeks to get me a new unit.

Pray for me and Dennis.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I bet this is the new interior style of the facelift xf coming next year.
Not a chance. XF won't get a major refresh until 2024. 8 year life-cycle. It'll get a facelift in 2020.

And by 2024 you're more likely to see convergency of the range. I-Pace is actually XF's natural competitor.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
He told me that when he does do a SW update, he deliberately slows down the transfer...he believes that it is more reliable.
Stuff like that is what breaks the updates. The IT guys spend many hours testing the deployment of these things, and write some very clear instructions on exactly what must be done for a correct install. If anything is missed or done differently then it's like to break.

I know what most people think of IT, but they really do know what they're doing, and in this case, they know more about the computers in the car, than the dealer techs.

·
Firm Rampant Member
17,023 Posts
Not a chance. XF won't get a major refresh until 2024. 8 year life-cycle. It'll get a facelift in 2020.

And by 2024 you're more likely to see convergency of the range. I-Pace is actually XF's natural competitor.
There is that.
We have kind of agreed that I'm waiting for the hybrid....
I say, we.

·
Firm Rampant Member
17,023 Posts
Stuff like that is what breaks the updates. The IT guys spend many hours testing the deployment of these things, and write some very clear instructions on exactly what must be done for a correct install. If anything is missed or done differently then it's like to break.

I know what most people think of IT, but they really do know what they're doing, and in this case, they know more about the computers in the car, than the dealer techs.
Cannot argue with that and it's certainly a coincidence that when he 'takes his time', all is well.
I do reflashes for boilers and simply connect the leads and click 'update''...

Will you still pray for me, though?

·
Registered
1,989 Posts

·
Firm Rampant Member
17,023 Posts
I've been looking at the interface, comparing to the current set up.
It does look, if you will, a little bland.
That isn't such a bad thing.
It seems that only 3 icons are available on the main screen.
I always go into climate via the main console anyway, so that isn't a problem.
I've yet to get hold of a comprehensive feature/benefit list but have ploughed through 14 pages of glitches on the previous versions that this addresses.
V4 does allow for remote updating, not sure if that's possible for both WIFI and SIM...definitely the latter.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts

I also seriously doubt they would make such a massive improvement of the interior in a facelift. Will be interesting to see what they do with the exterior. The front is perfect so I hope they won't touch that, but will do something with the rear. Good that the software is being continuously developed anyways.

·
19,884 Posts
Ok - AFter checking my system yesterday - I couldn't find anything about V3, V3.5 or V4.

Managed to get more info from the Nav settings, and App Info.

Still none the wiser. (not hard, I know)

Can anyone tell me what version this is please?

Attachments

·
Firm Rampant Member
17,023 Posts
I also seriously doubt they would make such a massive improvement of the interior in a facelift. Will be interesting to see what they do with the exterior. The front is perfect so I hope they won't touch that, but will do something with the rear. Good that the software is being continuously developed anyways.

They should nail the rear end of the x250 on...

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
V4 does allow for remote updating, not sure if that's possible for both WIFI and SIM...definitely the latter.
And that's the killer app that they really needed. I'll be using that as a justification later in the year for getting the dealer to update mine, on the premise that once it's in, I'll never need to darken their door again :)

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Ok - AFter checking my system yesterday - I couldn't find anything about V3, V3.5 or V4.

Managed to get more info from the Nav settings, and App Info.

Still none the wiser. (not hard, I know)

Can anyone tell me what version this is please?
That's one of the version 2 variants.

There isn't a decent version numbering scheme, at least one that's meaningful to the public anyway. Easiest way to tell is by three things:

* Dynamic settings icon becomes a 'Stig' helmet,
* Seat icon becomes a three-part logo
* Sat nav is completely operational by voice alone.

This is what it looks like, for the v3.5 I had put on mine. Also attached is the technical bulletin for it:

IMG_5195.jpg

Attachments

·
Firm Rampant Member
17,023 Posts
And that's the killer app that they really needed. I'll be using that as a justification later in the year for getting the dealer to update mine, on the premise that once it's in, I'll never need to darken their door again :)
Don't forget to tell them that your current system is goosed...

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
They should nail the rear end of the x250 on...
Or just ditch the window in the C pillar, shorten the wheelbase and rear doors by an inch or two and somehow redesign the rear end. But that may be a bit too much to expect from a facelift...

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Or just ditch the window in the C pillar, shorten the wheelbase and rear doors by an inch or two and somehow redesign the rear end. But that may be a bit too much to expect from a facelift...
The XE already exists.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
The XE already exists.
Exactly, and the XE just needs a rear end job and a slightly longer/larger boot to look nearly perfect... which incidentally also would look just like an X250. :p That's the side profile look they should have maintained for the XF and tweaked the front (which they did brilliantly) and rear (where they failed). Fingers crossed for the next generation. ;)

Slightly more on topic I talked today to a bloke who has ordered an iPace first edition and said that it comes with remote ICTP updating. Apparently the first JLR car after the Velar that gets the remote feature. So hopefully they will have ironed out the worst niggles through the Velar and iPace before it hits the other Jags.

41 - 60 of 203 Posts