Jaguar Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Administrator
25,916 Posts
The interior of the Ipace it's not cheap at all. At the same time it is not Xj, which will come soon. And Tesla S it is at least 2 steps down in terms of quality, more early XE cheap.
On Another note, one main problem for us living in the UK, it seems Tesla never took in consideration rain. The wipers can't cope with Scottish rain!
The 'Tech' generation aren't interested in Connolly hide & Wilton carpet ... they want Autopilot, Summon & autonomous capability.

·
Registered
17,512 Posts
The 'Tech' generation aren't interested in Connolly hide & Wilton carpet ... they want Autopilot, Summon & autonomous capability.
Hopefully, the forthcoming XJ EV will provide both. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
26,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
All of which don't work 100%. :) Just what you want ;)

·
Super Moderator
26,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Hardly a sign of a premium brand.

·
Administrator
25,916 Posts
You'll pay more to get best acceleration...and as per Jaguar usually the average Tesla buyer owns at least 2 cars.

About the interior, design wise is great. Quality is not perceived by the potential buyer as an issue.

and The Tesla buyer is not the Ipace buyer. 2 different cars for different needs.
I know someone who had to choose between the iPace & Model S - money wasn't an issue - and he picked the iPace for it's superior interior. He now wishes he's chosen the Tesla because he can't live with the sub 200 mile range in winter ... some days down to 150 & he has a 160 mile commute. He installed a charger at his work but still hasn't got the confidence to take the Jag on a business trip & swaps it for one of his reps diesels instead.

I'm interested to see what sort of range you can achieve & whether the above is a reflection of poor driving.

·
Administrator
25,916 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I know someone who had to choose between the iPace & Model S - money wasn't an issue - and he picked the iPace for it's superior interior. He now wishes he's chosen the Tesla because he can't live with the sub 200 mile range in winter ... some days down to 150 & he has a 160 mile commute. He installed a charger at his work but still hasn't got the confidence to take the Jag on a business trip & swaps it for one of his reps diesels instead.

I'm interested to see what sort of range you can achieve & whether the above is a reflection of poor driving.
Must be an early car without the H264 update that was pushed out earlier this year. The I-Pace groups are full of people reporting much better figures than that.

·
Administrator
25,916 Posts
Tesla scored 250 faults/100 vehicles

On the bottom of the list, yet still significantly above Tesla, were Volvo (210 problems), Audi (225) and Land Rover (228).
Looks like they were in good (premium) company at the foot of the table!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
To me is a no brainer. For any long travel I'll take my '75 Volvo regardless :)
200 mile is gonna take me a couple of months of drive:)
Anyway, Tesla in winter will have the same range 5/10 miles more maybe.

·
Administrator
25,916 Posts
To me is a no brainer. For any long travel I'll take my '75 Volvo regardless :)
200 mile is gonna take me a couple of months of drive:)
Anyway, Tesla in winter will have the same range 5/10 miles more maybe.
The Model S will still do over 250 miles on a full charge in poor conditions.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Not the 75kw ( which has 200 miles of range)
Not the 85kw nor the 90kw. Maybe the 100kwh

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
That’s 30k over the I pace. You could buy one XFR-S as backup for long distances :)

·
Administrator
25,916 Posts
That’s 30k over the I pace. You could buy one XFR-S as backup for long distances :)
And if we go all the way back to the beginning, that's why Tesla is a premium brand.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Which take us to a technology maker not a Car maker, hence not a premium brand.

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Administrator
25,916 Posts
Nope. They are a premium technology company. The Model X isn't a premium SUV.
You're wrong ... unless the Model X isn't an SUV?

41 - 59 of 59 Posts