1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
That is good news! Seems Jaguar listening to their clients. Never happened before.
Faster charging and upgraded infotainment, seems they really want to challenge Tesla.
When the upgraded I-Pace will be produced from? Any chance mine (built end of May) is already upgraded?
Pivi infotainment any good as far as we know? Is this an update to all the Jaguar range as well?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Damn it!

·
Registered
17,603 Posts
That is good news! Seems Jaguar listening to their clients. Never happened before.
Faster charging and upgraded infotainment, seems they really want to challenge Tesla.
When the upgraded I-Pace will be produced from? Any chance mine (built end of May) is already upgraded?
Pivi infotainment any good as far as we know? Is this an update to all the Jaguar range as well?
But that's the point, until Jaguar make their EV "upgradeable" in the same way Tesla do, they will never challenge Tesla in that respect.
(Leave aside the pitiful charging infrastructure when compared with Tesla's).

·
Super Moderator
26,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But that's the point, until Jaguar make their EV "upgradeable" in the same way Tesla do, they will never challenge Tesla in that respect.
(Leave aside the pitiful charging infrastructure when compared with Tesla's).
You're missing the point. These are significant hardware changes. Just like Tesla, these can't be sent OTA ;) that's why many Teslas out there have older version of Autopilot as they can't be upgraded.

The I-Pace is upgradeable OTA, just like Tesla. Many system updated have been pushed out this year to them without needing dealer visits.

·
Registered
17,603 Posts
You're missing the point. These are significant hardware changes. Just like Tesla, these can't be sent OTA ;) that's why many Teslas out there have older version of Autopilot as they can't be upgraded.

The I-Pace is upgradeable OTA, just like Tesla. Many system updated have been pushed out this year to them without needing dealer visits.
I stand corrected. :geek:

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Set your price target and you will notice how the I pace found an empty slot in the market!
Compare 65K Tesla S to 65K IPace and you'll probably end in -Ipace! if you have got 20k more to spend Tesla S performance is the answer. We all agree Tesla invested a lot in infrastructure, and if you travel a lot makes it an easy choice. I am not planning to use the car to travel around the Country like most of the I pace buyers.
Jaguar Nailed it. When you spend 70K or more you expect your car to be at the very top of the business.
Tesla S 75Kwh wins on interior design and tech. I pace feels like a luxury car, interior quality is top range. Tesla S feels nice but not Luxury, more like VW Arteon. then you start driving it and at motorway speed you can hear a lot of road noise and wind, drive the Ipace and there is no wind noise nor road noise. Comfort wise suspension more refined on Jaguar. The Ipace is noticeably faster. Battery range it'a match to the Tesla. Driving pleasure, Jaguar Nailed it. Of course Tesla is 10 Years old now. No wonder the I-pace beat it.
To me this is enough to choose Ipace over Tesla regardless of design...(a little boring for Tesla).

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Delivery moved to next tuesday...

·
Administrator
25,932 Posts
"The Jaguar I-PACE – the world’s first premium all-electric performance SUV"

The Model X had been around for 3 years before the iPace came along. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
26,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The model X isn’t premium. As much as Tesla fanboys want to believe it anyway ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
25,932 Posts
The model X isn’t premium. As much as Tesla fanboys want to believe it anyway ;)

I would have thought an entry level price of £83,000 would qualify as premium?

·
Super Moderator
26,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would have thought an entry level price of £83,000 would qualify as premium?
Price doesn’t necessarily make something premium. Needs quality to match.

·
Administrator
25,932 Posts
Price doesn’t necessarily make something premium. Needs quality to match.

Price is a big factor along with brand. I think you'll find that Tesla is perceived to be a "Premium" brand.

There has been plenty of shit quality from premium brands over the years & it hasn't affected their standing in the marketplace.

·
Super Moderator
26,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They are only seen as premium due to the cost and the technology.

Recent JD power results show they are far behind anyone in the quality department.

·
Administrator
25,932 Posts
They are only seen as premium due to the cost and the technology.
Exactly ... it's a premium brand.:D

Jaguar are kidding themselves if they think their brand carries more premium kudos than Tesla.

·
Super Moderator
26,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Exactly ... it's a premium brand.:D

Jaguar are kidding themselves if they think their brand carries more premium kudos than Tesla.
Well we'll have to disagree there. I don't agree that Tesla are a premium car manufacturer, therefore the Model X cannot be a premium SUV.

·
Administrator
25,932 Posts
Well we'll have to disagree there. I don't agree that Tesla are a premium car manufacturer, therefore the Model X cannot be a premium SUV.

A year after the iPace launch the Model X is still selling 40,000 units pa at list price & the iPace doesn't even enter the top 20 despite being much cheaper & attracting discounts.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts