Jaguar Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
The car I was going to see is not happening - unforeseen issues. I have found another nice example, but its not had the cambelt done, how much should I budget for a cambelt and water pump replacement? 2010 FSH car with 96k miles. Thansk all

·
Registered
151 Posts
Oh that's a shame, but there's always another one, on to the next.

Budget between £400 and £500 for cambelt and water pump etc.

Reactions: bluejmc2005

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Off to see a 2009 car - I don't think it makes much difference 2008,9,10 or 11 at this stage I think service history etc is more important - Saturday morning. Premium luxury, belts done, FSH, 105k, dark grey colour which is quite nice

·
Registered
350 Posts
Seen this late, so hopefully you went for the Autel AP200 and not the iCarsoft. I had the latter, but one problem is it's more fiddly to save anything and because it doesn't have it's own power supply you have to hook it up to a PC. With the Autel it's all saved on the phone. It's also quicker and easier to use and you can save everything as a PDF file.

iCarsoft is also bad for DPF issues, mine read 2000 grams of soot in a newly cleaned DPF. Autel is far better in that respect.

Obviously as with with any car, don't rush into it. I wish I'd taken a little more time and done more research before I bought mine.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Seen this late, so hopefully you went for the Autel AP200 and not the iCarsoft. I had the latter, but one problem is it's more fiddly to save anything and because it doesn't have it's own power supply you have to hook it up to a PC. With the Autel it's all saved on the phone. It's also quicker and easier to use and you can save everything as a PDF file.

iCarsoft is also bad for DPF issues, mine read 2000 grams of soot in a newly cleaned DPF. Autel is far better in that respect.

Obviously as with with any car, don't rush into it. I wish I'd taken a little more time and done more research before I bought mine.
Hi, I got the autel, but I have looked everywhere and can't see where it says soot level? Attached is the only mention I can see anywhere of the dpf
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm not sure exactly what to do because I don't have the car with me, but if I remember correctly, if you save a Vehicle diagnostic report you can then view it in the Repair reports section. There's a full list of entries - 169 of them in total. No. 164 gives you the DPF remaining volume.

I can't say how accurate it is because mine always shows zero, as I have an unknown problem with the DPF at the moment.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I'm not sure exactly what to do because I don't have the car with me, but if I remember correctly, if you save a Vehicle diagnostic report you can then view it in the Repair reports section. There's a full list of entries - 169 of them in total. No. 164 gives you the DPF remaining volume.

I can't say how accurate it is because mine always shows zero, as I have an unknown problem with the DPF at the moment.
Yeah dpf volume says zero for me, but not had any errors or issues with the DPF

·
Registered
350 Posts
I wouldn't worry if you are not having any problems. The software can't actually measure it anyway, it simply assumes what the level should be based on your driving style, back pressures and so on. The iCarsoft kit was the same, but on trying a forced regen, it gave crazy values - mine showed 3000g (3 kilos!) of soot at one point.

You can try to do a forced regen as follows to get the current value:
Connect your phone to the module and open the app.
Click "Service" in the app.
Click "DPF"
Click your car make, i.e. Jaguar.
You then get two options. I don't remember what they're called, but select the second one (Hot functions, or something like that).

Then follow the instructions to start a forced regen. I would recommend going on a short drive before you start (5 minutes will do) as the operating temp has to be over 60 degrees before it will start. When it starts the regen process, it shows your current soot level. As it regenerates this will go down (or at least should as long as you don't have a problem).

You don't have to run the regen, you can abort at any time.

IMPORTANT: Make sure you exit properly, don't just close the app to abort as you can damage the software and possibly the car's ECU.

Don't worry, you've definitely made the right choice. It's way easier to use than the iCarsoft LR, as with that you had a large unit that you had to sit on your knee. It connected to the diag port via a thick cable which didn't stretch much further than that, and it was really fiddly to use. With the Autel you can just leave the unit plugged in.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I wouldn't worry if you are not having any problems. The software can't actually measure it anyway, it simply assumes what the level should be based on your driving style, back pressures and so on. The iCarsoft kit was the same, but on trying a forced regen, it gave crazy values - mine showed 3000g (3 kilos!) of soot at one point.

You can try to do a forced regen as follows to get the current value:
Connect your phone to the module and open the app.
Click "Service" in the app.
Click "DPF"
Click your car make, i.e. Jaguar.
You then get two options. I don't remember what they're called, but select the second one (Hot functions, or something like that).

Then follow the instructions to start a forced regen. I would recommend going on a short drive before you start (5 minutes will do) as the operating temp has to be over 60 degrees before it will start. When it starts the regen process, it shows your current soot level. As it regenerates this will go down (or at least should as long as you don't have a problem).

You don't have to run the regen, you can abort at any time.

IMPORTANT: Make sure you exit properly, don't just close the app to abort as you can damage the software and possibly the car's ECU.

Don't worry, you've definitely made the right choice. It's way easier to use than the iCarsoft LR, as with that you had a large unit that you had to sit on your knee. It connected to the diag port via a thick cable which didn't stretch much further than that, and it was really fiddly to use. With the Autel you can just leave the unit plugged in.
thanks pal, ill see how it is after a week or commuting!

41 - 50 of 50 Posts