Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
XJ Portfolio.2014.Amethyst Black.
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See Phoaty…….keich, bum, toley, fart, pee, pish, piddle as we say up here. Sciatic foot slipped off brake whilst reversing towards a very roughcast wall. Collision speed very high…..approx. 1.67mph. Bill so far….
Paint and Labour……£220.00
Chrome trim nicked as in phoaty…..£132.00 (Bobbing Rastard Jaguar, Inverness.)
Extra £ will be incurred if bumper needs to be removed to reattach solid silver chrome bumper trim piece.

Question mins……doth anyone know if bumper WILL require removing to facilitate…?
Cannot hide my anger……car genuinely may need to be sold to finance surgery to fix sciatic condition….oh the irony of it all…..! On a posi note, at least I never squashed a reversey beep-beep sender, probably only available in sets of 4 @ daft £££.
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

·
Registered
10,114 Posts
Bu99er Kev, that is a shame. Such slight damage really, but costly from the sounds of it..

Sorry to hear of the need for surgery too, good luck with it.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Oh bugger :( Twice.

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
12,887 Posts
I very much doubt they would need to remove the bumper for that.
Becking Fummer indeed :(

Reactions: BigKev

·
Registered
23,389 Posts
Ooooh! I feel your pain, Kev.
If the scratches haven't gone too deep (into the plastic) then perhaps someone like Chipsaway might be able to repair it in situ.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,114 Posts
Apologies Kev, only just got the reference in the thread title (very clever!), though what with me being so young.. I only know the Clash version... ;)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ooooh! I feel your pain, Kev.
If the scratches haven't gone too deep (into the plastic) then perhaps someone like Chipsaway might be able to repair it in situ.

Unfortunately, them light coloured marks are feep as duck, John. Full bumper spray.

·
Registered
10,100 Posts
I’d say it’ll have to come off for repair Kev, so the trim will be replaced at that stage.

I do sympathise. I once hired a mini digger and as I trundled past my car I thought to myself that I should move it. I did after the ‘crunch’….

Wing and front panel didn’t fare well against a 1.5T digger.

·
21,143 Posts
See Phoaty…….keich, bum, toley, fart, pee, pish, piddle as we say up here. Sciatic foot slipped off brake whilst reversing towards a very roughcast wall. Collision speed very high…..approx. 1.67mph. Bill so far….
Extra £ will be incurred if bumper needs to be removed to reattach solid silver chrome bumper trim piece.

Cannot hide my anger……car genuinely may need to be sold to finance surgery to fix sciatic condition….oh the irony of it all…..! On a posi note, at least I never squashed a reversey beep-beep sender, probably only available in sets of 4 @ daft £££.
View attachment 192217
There was a place up in Elgin's Pinefield Industrial Estate, at the top that did paintwork and didn't charge an arm or shoulder for it.

Give that place a call if still about - and you may find the repair is cheaper.

I'm sure it looks worse that it actually is. I'm sure you're pi55ed, but plastics and metals can be re-arranged easily enough.

Human flesh not so much - at least you haven't been hurt further than you existing conditions.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Commiserations Kev!

Hopefully you'll get the old girl shipshape and Bristol fashion again soon.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Bummer, hope your chosen paint man can fix it quickly and as low cost as possible. They are hard to find but once you have they can save a lot of hassle, I’ve had 2 jobs done by my man in the last year, great price and look good.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There was a place up in Elgin's Pinefield Industrial Estate, at the top that did paintwork and didn't charge an arm or shoulder for it.

Give that place a call if still about - and you may find the repair is cheaper.

I'm sure it looks worse that it actually is. I'm sure you're pi55ed, but plastics and metals can be re-arranged easily enough.

Human flesh not so much - at least you haven't been hurt further than you existing conditions.
Inadvertfully found a wee guy in Forres who did some paintwork….lots….on wife’s Rav. Superb. Murdoch still listed so fanny very mush…..stored for future use.

Reactions: Rigger

·
Firm Rampant Member
20,784 Posts

View attachment 192217
Bloody hell.

A sod but...and forgive me..tis but a scratch..frustrating though.
Get your back fixed that has to be the priority.

GWS to both you and car.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In the end, rear bumper DID have to come off, so £220.00 to paint, £120.00 for chrome trim, £100.00 remove and refit rear bumper, which they said was a shit of a job. Chrome trim held on by four clips apparentfully. Storal of the mory…? Listen to reversey beep-beeps…..them tell troof.

Reactions: PeteA and Statler

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Ah well, sorted now, life lesson learnt etc. We all do these things from time t'time, downside of driving. If you gave up driving and walked everywhere, sooner or later you'd trip up or fall down a ditch, so everything has a hazard. At least you can kick yourself over it, and it's better you did it than come out to your car to find some scroat damaged it and drove off.

·
Registered
23,389 Posts
In the end, rear bumper DID have to come off, so £220.00 to paint, £120.00 for chrome trim, £100.00 remove and refit rear bumper, which they said was a shit of a job. Chrome trim held on by four clips apparentfully. Storal of the mory…? Listen to reversey beep-beeps…..them tell troof.
Ouch!
I know what you mean about ignoring the beeps. I've done it going forward and back but fortunately only lightly bumped walls with no lasting marks.
When the beep becomes continuous, you've get 12"!

Reactions: PeteA and BigKev

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ouch!
I know what you mean about ignoring the beeps. I've done it going forward and back but fortunately only lightly bumped walls with no lasting marks.
When the beep becomes continuous, you've get 12"!

Sounds like an advert for Anne Summers there, John.

·
Registered
23,389 Posts
Sounds like an advert for Anne Summers there, John.
Well done, Kev. I wondered who would pick that low-hanging fruit first.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts