Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Step by Step video on how to add Carplay/Android Auto wirelessly watch my video on how to
with Netflix YouTube
it brings your infotainment center to life ,use waze, google maps, Spotify Pandora etc wirelessly

purchased unit from here

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
Very helpful and as you say this instantly updates the car. Sorely tempted to bite the bullet and give this a go.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Step by Step video on how to add Carplay/Android Auto wirelessly whatch my video on how to
with Netflix YouTube

purchased unit from here

I shall be following your instructions hopefully tomorrow when the unit comes 😁 thanks for posting on YouTube otherwise we'd have never found this device 👍😁

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if i was to do it again maybe 35mins because ive done it few times for friends ,if you use the install video it should take an hour ,all you need is a torx 20 plus a 30 the pry tool supplied with the unit

·
Registered
354 Posts
It does seem as if these units and indeed others work out of the box but have you or any of your friends experienced any problems and if so were they easy enough to resolve?

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not one problem, I do have a android phone, I don't no with a iPhone. The USB can play HD videos and mp3 music, with its own dedicated video player, that's why I made a 30 day update video,no issues, ill make a 3 month video if any issues occur, just plug and play, you must have an up to date phone running android 9 or 10 at least

·
Registered
214 Posts
Not one problem, I do have a android phone, I don't no with a iPhone. The USB can play HD videos and mp3 music, with its own dedicated video player, that's why I made a 30 day update video,no issues, ill make a 3 month video if any issues occur, just plug and play, you must have an up to date phone running android 9 or 10 at least
I noticed from your Videos you use an S8 & S9 to connect to Android Auto. I've got an S8 but noticed tonight that AA doesn't go into night mode :( which was quite annoying using Maps & Waze as the bright light from day mode was distracting. Have you had any issues with this?

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Many Years ago I have updated my BMW infotainment to a third party product. Running on the new ( at the time) windows CE platform. It was much better than standard Navi+RadioCd player. Added tv module, rear camera, steering wheel canbus and many other features... glitches and issues here and there but overall very pleased with it. Sold the car 4 years after and it was still running perfectly. Unique auto I guess they are software developers and probably they get their products made in China or Taiwan. I would definitely give it a go If I still had my old 2008 XF.
Price wise it seems they are in a medium high bracket price.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i didn't pay much for it because i was the one who had them make the unit for the xf community,it make driving long trips enjoyable your wife can play a HD Movie while the driver navigates with google maps or waze

1 - 14 of 14 Posts