Jaguar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

Super Moderator
I have the OEM sump plug off my XFR in my grubby little mitt as I type, and it's not magnetic and it has a rubber washer.
I replaced it with a magnetic plug which has a copper washer.
A sensible change :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #22

Registered
Massive thanks to Gav for this *how to * did the oil change on my 2.7 D this afternoon and this " how to " made the job so much easier , forums are great ways to learn and save pounds and this forum is no different , not been here long but seems a great place to be for everything XF ..........I know engine covers do a good job but god they are a pain in the a5se to put back on when you have about 18" to work in and you are a fat barsteward:(

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
Glad it has helped you Steve, and well done for a job well done. Satisfying isn't it?
Oh and yes that under cover can be a bit of a pain lol

Registered
Yes it is very satisfying to know you have saved a few quid , gonna try and reset the service indicator tomorrow using D3GGYs method and recheck level then tick that off the list ...

Registered
Yes it is very satisfying to know you have saved a few quid , gonna try and reset the service indicator tomorrow using D3GGYs method and recheck level then tick that off the list ...
Bit of a coincidence, but my car flashed up the "service due" message a few days ago, so yesterday I decided to reset it following the "press a million buttons" method. I've done it twice before, so I assumed it would be a doddle this time around. Silly me! It took about 12 goes before it finally worked, I had to complete the sequence in less than 2 seconds before it worked.

Registered
Discussion Starter #27
Yes it's a bit tricky isn't it! I think I tried around 10 times before I hit the timing right.

Registered
Got a link to the push a million button topic?

James
Here you go....

1 Press and hold the rear lamp switch .
2 Press the start button without applying the foot brake.
3 Release the rear fog lamp switch.
4 Press and hold the trip computer cycle switch.
5 Press and hold the rear fog lamp switch.
6 Continue to hold the trip computer and rear fog lamp switches.
7 The message center should display "resseting service mode" and then "service mode reset"
8 Release the trip computer and the fog lamp switches and turn the ignition off.

Registered
Here you go....

7 The message center should display "resseting service mode" and then "service mode reset"
8 Release the trip computer and the fog lamp switches and turn the ignition off.
Did an oil change today now I can get into service mode reset doing the above but after 60 second of holding the trip an fog no change when I let go of the buttons just goes back to the display

Registered
Did an oil change today now I can get into service mode reset doing the above but after 60 second of holding the trip an fog no change when I let go of the buttons just goes back to the display
The trick is that you have only three or four seconds to complete steps 1 to 5. Even the second time around it took me a few goes!

Registered
Thanks for the reply I get to 7 ok but even after holding the trip an fog for up to 60 seconds it does not change to service mode reset

Registered
Thanks for the reply I get to 7 ok but even after holding the trip an fog for up to 60 seconds it does not change to service mode reset
Same thing here the first few goes, but I just had to persevere and eventually I got there.
You really have to do steps 1 to 5 as quick as humanly possible!
It may in fact be less than two seconds.

Registered
Can someone who did this post the new instructions here:
I tried this 20 times, didnt work...

Is that it?

Same thing here the first few goes, but I just had to persevere and eventually I got there.
You really have to do steps 1 to 5 as quick as humanly possible!
It may in fact be less than two seconds.

Registered

Registered
Having had a service done in August, I noted that the car took a while to start for the first 25 miles or so. Start or restart from Start/stop.
As the fuel filter was replaced, I assume it took a while to fully prime it?

If this is a B service then does anyone know what an A service is?
The handbook says to alternate them then do a brake fluid and coolant change every 3rd year.

TIA

Registered
Discussion Starter #39
Having had a service done in August, I noted that the car took a while to start for the first 25 miles or so. Start or restart from Start/stop.
As the fuel filter was replaced, I assume it took a while to fully prime it?
No it's primed whilst cycling the ignition switch a couple of times.
By the time you come to start the car it should be fully primed.
If this is a B service then does anyone know what an A service is?
The handbook says to alternate them then do a brake fluid and coolant change every 3rd year.
TIA
Not without looking in the service manual, I think there is a explanation in there describing the what's done in an A and B

21 - 40 of 63 Posts