Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tools needed;
T20 bit
10mm socket
13mm socket
32mm Deep socket

Parts needed;
approximately 6.5L of 5w30 with this spec: FORD: M2C934-B
I use this; http://millersoils.co.uk/automotive/tds-automotive.asp?prodsegmentID=46&sector=Car

Oil filter
sump plug
pollen filter
air filter
fuel filter

If the car is cold, go for a drive for 5-10mins then put the car on ramps;
I used my ramp 'helper's for the first time today;
IMG_1476.jpg
starting underneath remove the bottom engine cover. For this you need to remove the two T20 screws the rest are 10mm bolts;
IMG_1478.jpg
using 13mm sump plug and oil catcher ready undo the sump plug;
IMG_1484.jpg IMG_1485.jpg
whilst the oil is draining you can remove the top engine cover by first removing the oil filler cap, and pull upwards on the engine cover.
Put the filler cap aside. Using a 32mm socket, remove the oil filter canister.
IMG_1487.jpg IMG_1489.jpg
When all oil had drained, insert new sump plug.
Take the oil filter canister and make sure you've got the right size new filter;
IMG_1492.jpg
There is a special tool for removing the old filter but tbh you can do this with a screwdriver;
insert the screwdriver near the top of the old filter and prise out;
remove old o ring seal
IMG_1493.jpg IMG_1494.jpg
insert new filter which when pushed down clicks into place. With a smear of new engine oil insert new o ring
IMG_1495.jpg
Screw in canister with the 32mm socket.
Ready to fill!
You will need approximately 6.5L but best not to overfill so I put 6L in then start the engine making sure there are no leaks on the sump plug or filter. If all good, switch off and replace bottom engine cover in reverse of removal.
Remove from ramps onto level ground.
Instead of waiting until 10 minutes have lapsed, you can force it to show oil level by pressing the cruise cancel button twice (with the bonnet open)
Whilst waiting for oil to settle next you can replace the air filter.
There is a set procedure for this, but from what I can gather a lot of dealers just lift the one side and remove old and replace with new.
IMG_1450.jpg IMG_1451.jpg IMG_1452.jpg IMG_1453.jpg
Please note this is not the official jaguar instructions which involves removing a fair bit of pipe work and you're putting strain on the air filter box so use at your own risk!
Press the clips shown above and lift the lid enough so you can pull the old filter out. Insert new filter and press clips again to secure.

Next fuel filter;
This is easy.
Making a note of which fuel pipe goes where start by removing the plastic clamp and remove each pipe by squeezing each clip and pulling gently up.
Remove T20 screw on clamp holding the filter in place and lift filter up until you can see the sensor on the bottom
. IMG_1454.jpg IMG_1455.jpg IMG_1457.jpg IMG_1460.jpg IMG_1461.jpg IMG_1462.jpg IMG_1463.jpg

unclip sensor on bottom and remove the filter from the car.
Using a suitable container prepare the new filter. Mine came with this attached so basically remove the sensor from the old filter and transfer it to the new one. There will be diesel spillage here so you'll need a suitable container to catch this;
IMG_1464.jpg IMG_1465.jpg
Insert new filter and clip in the connector at the bottom, tighten up T20 screw to clamp filter in place. Start connecting up fuel lines making sure they go back in right order. Re-insert plastic clamp.
Done!
Move onto pollen filter;
Remove passenger side cloth panel by removing the retaining clips.
Find pollen filter box and press tabs on ends for it to slide down and out;
IMG_1467.jpg IMG_1469.jpg IMG_1470.jpg IMG_1471.jpg IMG_1473.jpg IMG_1475.jpg
Fit the filter but make sure you match up the flow direction.
Grab yourself a beer and congratulate yourself a: you've done a great job and done it properly and b: you've saved yourself more than a few quid!

Reactions: hamedhbb

Founder member
Is this the start of Scottish Sunday club?

Registered
馃憤

Registered
Know if you can stamp the "Electronic Service Book" that would be VERY impresive !!

Great write up though.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Reactions: googsy1

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry for Question, must i fill the new Filter first or not ?
Hi Shakall, you can't as you need to turn it upside down to fit.
Hope this helps

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Are you querying the oil filter or the fuel filter?
Even so no need to fill either, however when installing a fuel filter , switch on ignition but don't start engine then repeat a few times. This primes the fuel filter.

Registered
Thanks Gav , that will help loads when I come to do my 1st oil change in the next few weeks , agreat how to , one question , why do you need a new sump plug , does the old one get screwed up getting it out and cant be reused ?...

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Gav , that will help loads when I come to do my 1st oil change in the next few weeks , agreat how to , one question , why do you need a new sump plug , does the old one get screwed up getting it out and cant be reused ?...
It's one of those you *should* replace the (normally copper but could be aluminium) washer. I got mine as part of a service kit. But I have reused washers many times over and over and never had a leak

Administrator
^this.

Have used copper/ally sump plug sealing washers many times over, never a leak.

Registered
^this.

Have used copper/ally sump plug sealing washers many times over, never a leak.
Me too,but I'd limit it at 6

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
I believe the plug may also be magnetic to attract debris. Replacing it avoids putting it back with any contamination.

While copper washers can be reused it's not recommended and on brake parts they must be changed.

Registered
I have the OEM sump plug off my XFR in my grubby little mitt as I type, and it's not magnetic and it has a rubber washer.
I replaced it with a magnetic plug which has a copper washer.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts