Jaguar Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Just to clear up some things (which probably doesn't reduce the confusion)... :)

Not all XF S cars came with an S on the boot. I'm pretty sure you could spec it without an S from factory and then there's all the people like me who remove any such unnecessary stuck on things. That said there's loads of XFS cars out there without an S in the back.

What kind of equipment they came with, like sports seats and exterior aero kit, depends on which market the car was built for. For instance my old XFS had neither the sports seats nor the aero parts.

There's just no reliable way to distinguish an S visually. I'd say the best way to check what engine the car has is to get its VIN and look it up yourself or ask a dealer or Jaguar customer services to provide you with a build sheet. I'd never buy a Jag without first getting its VIN and doing some research.

Regarding remaps, the 240 can be remapped to about 300 hp. My local remapper quotes 290 hp as output after a standard remap for the 240. Back in the day he remapped my XFS to about 320 hp / 700 nm.
Oh no that cleared up my confusion now i know i can get my answer from the vin, thanks a lot bud ❤❤

·
Super Moderator
32,339 Posts
And also, the non-S versions had the same brakes as the S. The vehicle registration documents should give the power output.
Only on the pre-facelift. After that only the 275 S had the 355mm brakes.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I had one of the earliest facelift XF 3.0d. PL
It was registered on 1st Sept. 2011 ( 2012my) 240bhp.
It performed faultlessly for 6 - 7 years when I traded it in for my present car.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Just to clear up some things (which probably doesn't reduce the confusion)... :)

Not all XF S cars came with an S on the boot. I'm pretty sure you could spec it without an S from factory and then there's all the people like me who remove any such unnecessary stuck on things. That said there's loads of XFS cars out there without an S in the back.
....or is lost during repair.... :) . My cat had a small damage at the lid and the garage asked if they could remove the XF S for a better result..... Didn't buy new stickers yet....

Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Reactions: sandmaennle
41 - 49 of 49 Posts