Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,833 Posts
I would stick the Nos into tdi and see what they say.
you know about chips etc , so you'll know the risks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I would stick the Nos into tdi and see what they say.
you know about chips etc , so you'll know the risks.
No no, no nos for me if i go there those are some expensive mods i just want a remap 🤷‍♂️ it's why i'm asking this question because the 240 is a slight detune from the 275 and i'm looking into the differences between the engines since they're both the same

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,833 Posts
No no, no nos for me if i go there those are some expensive mods i just want a remap 🤷‍♂️ it's why i'm asking this question because the 240 is a slight detune from the 275 and i'm looking into the differences between the engines since they're both the same
it's on wiki.
if you are talking about stages of tuning, why not simply buy yourself a younger car...save a few quid and help reduce the risk of screwing the car?
my 2.2 and 2lt both gave me 3lt Nos ...or near as damn it...infact my 2.2 was quicker than then the pre face lift 3l.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
it's on wiki.
if you are talking about stages of tuning, why not simply buy yourself a younger car...save a few quid and help reduce the risk of screwing the car?
my 2.2 and 2lt both gave me 3lt Nos ...or near as damn it...infact my 2.2 was quicker than then the pre face lift 3l.
Nos would need refueling and it's not available where i live which will be too expensive, and i need as a daily so i'd rather stay with the hunt for 3.0l xf S

·
Administrator
31,214 Posts
Didn't the "S" have "sports" seats, notable by the adjustable cushion? Also adaptive suspension? (notable by having a wire coming out of the top of the struts)

·
Registered
23,893 Posts
But if i buy a 275hp ecu and put it in would that work ?
If you're willing to faff about doing that why not just buy the "S" variant. There really won't be that much difference in price.

But no, it wouldn't work. It's not just the mapping but I don't remember the other differences.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
If you're willing to faff about doing that why not just buy the "S" variant. There really won't be that much difference in price.

But no, it wouldn't work. It's not just the mapping but I don't remember the other differences.
Bro trust me i wish if i could find it but old the jags i've found don't have the S badge .... Idk what else i should look into to differentiate between the two

·
Registered
23,893 Posts
Bro trust me i wish if i could find it but old the jags i've found don't have the S badge .... Idk what else i should look into to differentiate between the two
Where are you looking? Local paper?
There are 220 XF-S on Autotrader at the moment!!!

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Just to clear up some things (which probably doesn't reduce the confusion)... :)

Not all XF S cars came with an S on the boot. I'm pretty sure you could spec it without an S from factory and then there's all the people like me who remove any such unnecessary stuck on things. That said there's loads of XFS cars out there without an S in the back.

What kind of equipment they came with, like sports seats and exterior aero kit, depends on which market the car was built for. For instance my old XFS had neither the sports seats nor the aero parts.

There's just no reliable way to distinguish an S visually. I'd say the best way to check what engine the car has is to get its VIN and look it up yourself or ask a dealer or Jaguar customer services to provide you with a build sheet. I'd never buy a Jag without first getting its VIN and doing some research.

Regarding remaps, the 240 can be remapped to about 300 hp. My local remapper quotes 290 hp as output after a standard remap for the 240. Back in the day he remapped my XFS to about 320 hp / 700 nm.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts