Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
80 grit sandpaper will do the same job….

Baby wipes are good for this, used regularly they remove the oils more gently.

·
Super Moderator
20,513 Posts
Steam cleaner also does a good job

·
Registered
XJ Portfolio.2014.Amethyst Black.
976 Posts
Ever since this Coviditis thing, I regularly use Dettol Wet Wipes….stunning the dirt that comes off after a week of hardly going anywhere. Gives same nice matt non-slip finish.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
I doubt it'll be dirt that you're looking at. It's much more likely to the dye in the leather that's being rubbed off.

·
Registered
9,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I only rubbed very lightly I can assure you it works . There is no deterioration of my steering wheel and it really does feel good as new. It’s not something I would recommend on a regular basis . It literally takes a couple of minutes and in my opinion well worth the effort . If I was in any doubt I wouldn’t have posted .

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I've seen a lot of recommendations for using baby wipes on leather kit, but also warnings about long term use due to mild acid content? I don't know if the warnings are valid as they often come from leather cleaning fluid sellers. If anyone has real knowledge on this it would be useful, my m/c leathers are filthy!

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Ajax powder and a Brillo pad?

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Looks like it's STP Son of a Gun moving forward then.
Jake
Holts Silicone spray gives a pleasing shine to the leather. The wheel slips nicely through your hands. ;)

(See the disclaimer in Jimmy's video)

Reactions: JakeBlade

·
Registered
976 Posts
Jake
Holts Silicone spray gives a pleasing shine to the leather. The wheel slips nicely through your hands. ;)

(See the disclaimer in Jimmy's video)
Cannot POSSIBLY use the word “Silicone” in speaking to Jimmy…..he will presume you are comparing him to unintelligent female genitalia……

·
Registered
976 Posts
I doubt it'll be dirt that you're looking at. It's much more likely to the dye in the leather that's being rubbed off.
Oops…..never thought of that….!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts