27,821 Posts

·
Registered
MY17 Jaguar XF
16 Posts
ha I had wrote this but forgot to send it! :(
Ok you’ve snipped the wrong pin!
Either 14 or 12 double check
As an update, I got another cable and got the right pin this time so have been cooking with gas :)

On another note, I've enabled the auto high beam assist as noted in the screenshot here. I've got the menu option and the light on the dash, but it doesn't appear to work. I've got LDW and sign recognition, so assuming the camera assembly needs an additional sensor? Or have do I just need to calibrate it?

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
You may need to update your IPMA module. Gav had to do this to get it to work.

Mine did exactly what yours is doing and I ended up having the camera module replaced in warranty. Part of that would have been an update to IPMA.

It’s now working fine.

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
11,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Spot on, like Steve says I got the the option in the cluster but enabling it I found the car unticked it automatically, so next step was update the IPMA (30mins!) and then it worked.

·
Registered
MY17 Jaguar XF
16 Posts
Spot on, like Steve says I got the the option in the cluster but enabling it I found the car unticked it automatically, so next step was update the IPMA (30mins!) and then it worked.
Thanks both, I'll have to give it a shot when I have a moment.

Thanks for a great guide and guidance too, couldn't have done it without the help and it's quite nice improving the motor a bit 👍

·
Registered
11,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Thanks both, I'll have to give it a shot when I have a moment.

Thanks for a great guide and guidance too, couldn't have done it without the help and it's quite nice improving the motor a bit 👍
You're very welcome

Reactions: Statler

·
Registered
MY2017 Jaguar XE 2.0D
5 Posts
Thanks for a very thorough writeup. Am driving an XE and have pried open the mirror/overhead console assembly, but did not find any loom/connector that i can plug the stereo camera in.

Was this connector already present in your x260?

Also, I do not have access to a garage and plugging in the PSU like yours would pose a problem. Would anyone have a recommendation for a portable PSU that works with SDD?

·
Registered
11,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Thanks for a very thorough writeup. Am driving an XE and have pried open the mirror/overhead console assembly, but did not find any loom/connector that i can plug the stereo camera in.

Was this connector already present in your x260?

Also, I do not have access to a garage and plugging in the PSU like yours would pose a problem. Would anyone have a recommendation for a portable PSU that works with SDD?
No the connector only pertains to the x250 , I had to wire my camera into the fusebox in the passenger footwell.
if you‘re stuck with a psu you could use another vehicle with jump leads…

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I've just come across this thread. Is there anything that's worth having that can be turned on in a 2014 X250?

I've got most of the options already I think. Was thinking of a heated steering wheel but think I'd rather have it retrimmed instead of going for a heated one. TV was the other thing I thought about but it's a waste of time I reckon. Not sure what else can be tinkered with.

101 - 110 of 110 Posts