Jaguar Forum banner
281 - 298 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
11,216 Posts
It seems that this change broke my LKA cameras. I have reverted the changes back but LDW is not working anymore. I'm getting yellow triangle Forward Alert Warning and LDW doesn't work. :(
When I tried to add LKA I broke Forward Alert, AEB and host of other things. Reverting the changes did put it back to LDW for me.
I suspect that you may have left something else enabled that you need to set back.

You may also need to update your cameras through IPM A to get LKA to work.

Have you been meticulously noting which options you are changing or just clicking boxes in the hope you fix it?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I changed only those settings I mentioned in my previous post if I rember correctly. I would like to check it again but cannot get a new access code for my seed. The site always gives me strange error with some network limit.

·
Registered
11,216 Posts
I changed only those settings I mentioned in my previous post if I rember correctly. I would like to check it again but cannot get a new access code for my seed. The site always gives me strange error with some network limit.
You only get 5 free codes a day from the site.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks @Statler for your clue with IPMA upgrade. I have reverted all of the setting already before and did IPMA upgrade even before I started with the changes. BUT it is apparently needed in such cases like I was facing to do one more attempt with IPMA upgrade. When I ran it the SDD told me that I'm already running the latest version of firmware and prompted me to tick red cross. I did so but after that the SDD performed some additional steps which fixed Forward Alert Warning issue. So all is working now like before. Thanks once again.
Anyway after this lesson I give up also doing modifications. None of what I tried worked. It just made me some additional gray hair. This was a good lesson for me and I will leave as is (at least for some time :D)

·
Registered
10,984 Posts
...Anyway after this lesson I give up also doing modifications. None of what I tried worked. It just made me some additional gray hair. This was a good lesson for me and I will leave as is (at least for some time :D)...
Let's be honest Peter.. if you were that sensible, you wouldn't have been trying this in the first place... 😁

I vote that we blame @sandmaennle /Dirk.. after all, you probably would've have given up earlier if it wasn't for his initial help... 😀

• Haha
Reactions: sandmaennle

·
Registered
XF Sportbrake MY 2013 3.0 DS
368 Posts
That's really frustrating :mad:. I feel with you, Peter!
I would have wished it upon you, that your camera and sensor would have been working after all this work you have done.

Dirk

·
Registered
368 Posts
Some funny facts for distraction: Some were wondering about my nickname "sandmaennle" :) . It is the swabian dialect for "sandmännchen". And the meaning of that is explained on Wikipedia
Wiki Sandmännchen

And why sandmaennle? I don't know :) ... it was a joke back in 1997 during a nice students party. And I kept the email address and the nickname since then...

Cheers
Dirk

·
Registered
10,984 Posts
Thanks Steve, I had a part of a song running round my head, but couldn't quite get it.. your superior years have me at a disadvantage yet again... ;)

:D

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #294 ·

·
Registered
2016 Jaguar XF S
3 Posts
Been following this thread for a while and have finally grown a pair. I've got the laptop, power supply and mongoose cable. I have a 2016 XF S. Any of you guys have a trusted source for the unlocked software package to carry out the mods? Preferably one that doesn't involve buying from the main stealer...

·
Registered
368 Posts
Not me, sorry. If I would you go for a fully unlocked package, I would invest a few EUR more and buy a approved VCI adapter and a topix account with full access for a certain time slot. If you really have the original drew tech Mongoose and not the Mangoose copy, give it a try with SDD + topix account + a licence key for a few hours. And see if that works fine for you.

·
Registered
2016 Jaguar XF S
3 Posts
Not me, sorry. If I would you go for a fully unlocked package, I would invest a few EUR more and buy a approved VCI adapter and a topix account with full access for a certain time slot. If you really have the original drew tech Mongoose and not the Mangoose copy, give it a try with SDD + topix account + a licence key for a few hours. And see if that works fine for you.
Thankyou very much for this. I had envisioned that access to topix would have cost a fortune, but it turns out it doesn't. You sir are a star!! :)

281 - 298 of 298 Posts