Jaguar Forum banner
241 - 260 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yes, it should work fine with his MY17 XE.

I have SDD v1.60 and the Mangoose cable purchased from eodbtool.

I had to remove pin 13 on their instruction to stop the dash lighting up like a Christmas Tree.

my one looks exactly the same. even the site looks similar to one I ordered from (Best Quality V162 JLR Mangoose SDD Pro For Jaguar and Land Rover Support till 2017)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I did the first test with Dirk's diag cable and I can right away tell that the problem must have been with my diag cable. Dirk's cable kept connected and the data appeared in a moment in SDD. I will do more tests during the weekend.
Anyway I have one more question. With Dirk's diag cable I'm having "Christmas tree" situation. All dash lights go crazy when connected. Despite that I got successful result in SDD when running "Service Functions". My question is. Is it safe to do changes in ECU when I'm having this crazy lights situation?

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
I did the first test with Dirk's diag cable and I can right away tell that the problem must have been with my diag cable. Dirk's cable kept connected and the data appeared in a moment in SDD. I will do more tests during the weekend.
Anyway I have one more question. With Dirk's diag cable I'm having "Christmas tree" situation. All dash lights go crazy when connected. Despite that I got successful result in SDD when running "Service Functions". My question is. Is it safe to do changes in ECU when I'm having this crazy lights situation?
NO, you have to snip PIN13 see above

• Helpful
Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
11,216 Posts
Then don't use it to make changes, please, don't.
Great that you're getting somewhere. (y)

If you can get a male and female ODB connector, you could wire all the pins directly through except pin 13 and use Dirk's cable but rather than messing about with a connector/adapter why not just buy a new cable and snip out pin 13? It'll probably cost you as much.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well I would really like to buy a new one but have no confidance that the new one will work. Most probably I will give it one more try and will buy a new one but at the moment I have the Dirk's one that works. So as a first thing I need to resolve 13th pin removal without breaking his cable 🙂.

·
Registered
XF Sportbrake MY 2013 3.0 DS
368 Posts
Thanks Peter!
It would be nice, if we could keep my adapter with the pin13 :) .

@Gav
Do I need pin13 for the XF 250 MY2013? I don't have this christmas tree phenomon with my XF.
So if I won't need it, Peter could cut off this pin13 in my adapter.

Cheers
Dirk

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 ·
Thanks Peter!

@Gav
Do I need pin13 for the XF 250 MY2013? I don't have this christmas tree phenomon with my XF.

Cheers
Dirk
Hi Dirk sorry I don't know I've only used a Mangoose lead on my X260, perhaps someone else can comment @MoJo88? @Onotole ?

Reactions: sandmaennle

·
Registered
XF Sportbrake MY 2013 3.0 DS
368 Posts
Thank you Gav.

One other option, Peter: Maybe you could take some nail varnish from your wife and paint it on pin13. That's no joke :) . Please feel free to try it. My wife has some kind of UV varnish and a UV lamp to harden the varnish. If this works for you, please try it. I have all tools to get this varnish off my pin13 again :)

Dirk

• Haha
Reactions: Gav

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #254 ·
Found this one the web ; X250
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern

and X260 (X760)

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

So Pin 13 appears to be High Speed Can L but don't recognise CO or CH or CCP :(

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks Peter!

@Gav

Cheers
Dirk
No worries your adapter will remain untouched 😉.
But I will check with my wife what we can do with that pin.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I do have another interesting finding. The OBD extension cable arrived and when connected through it without any modification I have no more "Christmas tree" lights. I'm not sure how it is possible (maybe different resistance?) but seems I don't need to do any further changes. Below is the result from the first attempt. I'm not sure what that many question marks means. But I need to learn how to work with this SDD tool. :)
Rectangle Font Line Parallel Slope

·
Registered
11,216 Posts
Good news.
The question mark means the module isn’t available or more likely not installed.

Don’t try writing back to the car (downloading) until you’ve got a decent grab of this thread and have asked more questions.

241 - 260 of 298 Posts