Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car has now done 14K and will be due for its 24 month service in September. Local main dealer has quoted almost £618. Is that real for this...... (shocked of Berkshire)

·
Registered
17,818 Posts
If I were you, I'd get a quote from a Jaguar independent garage (one who is Topix registered so the service can be registered in the on-line service history). I'm sure there must be other Berkshire FMs who could suggest independents.

Reactions: Gav

·
Administrator
27,551 Posts
Once you have a quote from an Indy, you could always ask the Jag dealer to match it. Often they will.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
That is what they charge. A good Indie would charge you 200/220.

Reactions: BigKev

·
Registered
644 Posts
£600.00 FGS......? Change air and pollen filters yourself with OEM parts.....keep receipt. Then as suggested get an indie of good repute. That is a Far King shocking amount of money for doing next to Far Call......!! They need reminding their overheads are the SAME whether busy or quiet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
£600.00 FGS......? Change air and pollen filters yourself with OEM parts.....keep receipt. Then as suggested get an indie of good repute. That is a Far King shocking amount of money for doing next to Far Call......!! They need reminding their overheads are the SAME whether busy or quiet.

I totally agree Sir and now is not the time to be taking the pee with ridiculous charges! Always took my BMW to an indy in Reading and the Alfa goes to one in Maidenhead, I see there's a company called Powerbell in Taplow so may give them a shout. Does anyone know/rate them?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Booked mine in today. Local Jaguar main dealers.
£458 incl vat.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Have a trip down the M4 to Swindon - give Mike Allen Services a shout at Wiltshire Jaguar Centre 01793 612870 - total satisfaction in my experience and at reasonable rates. No plush showrooms and pushy sales staff - just people who live and breathe Jaguar. Used them for my last service and will not go anywhere else now. They are in centre of Swidon by the railway station so convenient for travel if needed or a stroll round Swindon if that's what you prefer!

·
Registered
531 Posts
May vary between models, but my 180d was a little under £400 for the 1st, 2yr service at the main dealer - which didn’t include air filter...

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I totally agree Sir and now is not the time to be taking the pee with ridiculous charges! Always took my BMW to an indy in Reading and the Alfa goes to one in Maidenhead, I see there's a company called Powerbell in Taplow so may give them a shout. Does anyone know/rate them?
I wouldn’t be so hard. Free market and they charge what they want. Service price goes up every Year. There is many people willing to pay the premium and take their car to main dealer. It’s funny to notice people here suggesting to buy second hand Jaguar only with main dealer services. And if one service is from Quickfit they get mad. Same people who don’t service their car at main dealer.
I would suggest if car is under warranty take it to main dealer for service. It will make any claim easier and faster to resolve. Out of warranty car gets oil and filters in my driveway.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Interesting to note my PCH agreement states the car must be serviced by a Jaguar dealer or a service centre approved by the finance company.

·
18,268 Posts
B Service is a heavy hit to the wallet.

£550 to £600 would be about right, believe it or not.

I've thankfully managed to dodge both with v2 and v3.

·
Registered
85 Posts
So it's now looking like it depends on where you go (or where you can go in your area).

Mine (booked yesterday with Jag main dealers) is a full B Service for 3.0 petrol supercharged X260, for £458 incl VAT.
(About 10% up on my last B Service there 2 years ago).

Plus £39 MoT fee, plus naturally any remedial works (doubtful) or any petrol/oil treatments requested. Valet / wash included (unless you refuse it).

·
Registered
241 Posts
Seriously someone is taking the Mick. Look at the parts costs which might be circa £110 to £120. Labour max 1.5 hours and therefore max inclusive charge for what, £300? This is precisely the reason I take mine to a trusted indie rather than get mugged of by the brand. I'm also fairly well convinced this move to online service history is yet another attempt to coerce you into a main dealer on the basis it is generally only them who can readily upload the detail. Personally I see no problem in showing receipts for works carried out by my indie who looks after all 4 cars in our household. Not one of us has had a moments worry in the last 10 or more years we have used them. Lets get real, it really isn't rocket science to provide the service outlined in the above resumé.

·
Registered
644 Posts
These PCH/PCP dicti about Jaguar main dealer service is just part of the Coin Release Away from Pockets (CRAP.....) motoring industry cartel. Let’s see how the Bobbing Rastards weather the post pandemic storm that is yet to hit THEIR coffers. £600.00 for an oil change ffs.......nae wonder Dick Turpin’s horse was morbidly obese....!
Totally agree with Mattia though......I see Kwikfit service, I jog backwards. I see a reputable indie with OEM Partslist.....that’ll do me thanks. Car I bought 8/2019......3 oil changes in just under 6 years......still bought it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts