Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Battery powered superhero
5,042 Posts
It doesn't matter where the water came from, if there's a hose-pipe ban . . . . . you can't use a hose pipe.
Apparently it's a criminal offense to use a hosepipe to convey water to wash a private car, water a domestic garden etc once the local water supply company has imposed a temporary ban. The law does not (that I can see) state where the conveyed water can be from, just that the use of a hose is banned. The law is section 36 of the Flood and Water Management Act 2010 (FWMA 2010), which replaced section 76 of the Water Industry Act 1991 (WIA 1991). Not that I've read either in any detail.

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
I didn't know it was actually illegal to wash your car in Germany! Apparently it is, unless you have a soap/oil trap in the wastewater collection. Or you use plain water only, no detergents. Wow.

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Seems to be an odd law. I wonder what the reasoning is behind that?
I was a bit intrigued too. Seems the "Greenies" passed the law so the underground groundwater cannot become contaminated, many people use groundwater extraction or wells in Germany for their water supply, the article said. No idea they do/did.

Reactions: Coolcity

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
I substituted the hose pipe with a watering can, even down to the final DI rinse. No big effort really
The foam cannon still worked on the end of the watering can?

• Haha
Reactions: Coolcity and Popeye
1 - 4 of 4 Posts