Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered this over the xmas break and my God it's good.
I've spent years trying brand name high gloss polishes, autoglym, Maguire's etc. And even the ones which pop up on ads as being the best thing since sliced bread but this worked so well and super easy to apply, even smells nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
It looks very shiny! It’ll be interesting to see how it lasts! Good job.

·
Registered
10,658 Posts
I bought a bottle of that years ago was very impressed with it, the beading lasted at least 4 months

·
Registered
2013 XFR - Ultimate Black
109 Posts
Ive used that too. Nice product and good finish but I found it a bit "grabby" when running hand over the surface and not as smooth as something like chemical guys hybrid V7.

So I actually mixed the two together in one bottle, half V7 and half the Sonax. You get all the slickness of the V7 and the durability of the Sonax. Plus the finish is excellent.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
That is a popular combo, I use it with Meguiars Ultimate QD

Reactions: stueboy

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I use it as a drying aid.

As said above it can be a bit grabby but if you squirt it on each panel before you dry it it works really well.

It's frequently on offer on Amazon and Euro Car Parts and can be a real bargain if you time it well.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
I dilute and run it through a snow foam lance in the winter wash last step. Its similar in effect to Valetpro snow seal.

In the summer I will add it as directed but agree its a bit grabby compared to other QDs. However, the shine is great and lasts fairly well.

·
Registered
2013 XFR - Ultimate Black
109 Posts
I dilute and run it through a snow foam lance in the winter wash last step. Its similar in effect to Valetpro snow seal.

In the summer I will add it as directed but agree its a bit grabby compared to other QDs. However, the shine is great and lasts fairly well.
what ratio do you mix it down to? Im thinking could be good to do as a drying aid

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
what ratio do you mix it down to? Im thinking could be good to do as a drying aid
If I'm using lazy style via lance in the winter I will put in about 20% of a lance bottle and top up with water. I must admit I'm not ever exact.

In the summer if using as a simple drying aid I will dilute 50:50.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I just spray it on the wet car. One panel at a time. Spread it out then buff it off.

Don't let it dry onto the paint on a warm day though.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,188 Posts

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I bought a Katsu blower (eBay or Amazon, can't remember which, about £17. Does the job.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts