·
Firm Rampant Member
12,916 Posts
some tool will buy it.

·
18,717 Posts
Why do people do this?

A BMW 3 Series M-Sport is not a M3.

Likewise - a XF R-Sport is defintely not a XF-R.

Someone in Bangor is driving a 2.2 with a R badge on the back.
Need to get the badge police to have a work with the deluded soul.

Back to the ad - it's got some proper Ying-Ylang ditch finders on, hasn't it?

·
Super Moderator
27,214 Posts
He isn’t claiming it’s an XFR and it doesn’t have an R badges. It has a couple of R-Sport badges but they are standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
18,717 Posts
I like the way the ad is written to be fair - if a little bit click-baited.

XF R Sport you have to admit is very close to XF-R, Sport.

XF R-Sport, wouldn't be as eyecatching - not to those who know what they are looking at.

·
Super Moderator
27,214 Posts
A lot of people don’t realise there’s a hyphen.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I like the way the ad is written to be fair - if a little bit click-baited.

XF R Sport you have to admit is very close to XF-R, Sport.

XF R-Sport, wouldn't be as eyecatching - not to those who know what they are looking at.
Whatever it is, it’s working. There are 10 bidders competing for that car.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Shouldn’t a “black edition” have a set of gloss black wheels, rear privacy windows and black side trims? Otherwise why should it worth 8k as stated?
according to autotrader, “XF R-sport black edition” is only available as a X260.

otherwise I can live with the color mismatch on RH rear quarter panel.

·
Administrator
26,002 Posts
If the bumpers are poorly fitted, the paintwork is shite & he couldn't get the rear sensors to work, it makes you wonder what the rebuild quality is of the bits you can't see? Cat S is usually pretty smashed up.o_O

·
Administrator
26,002 Posts
Shouldn’t a “black edition” have a set of gloss black wheels, rear privacy windows and black side trims? Otherwise why should it worth 8k as stated?
according to autotrader, “XF R-sport black edition” is only available as a X260.
There was a black packed run-out X250 & it did have 20" gloss black wheels. He's either sold the wheels separately or they got trashed in the accident.

·
Registered
847 Posts
You right. It’s listed on AT as “R-sport black” Most of them have black wheels, privacy windows and chrome side trim but they are not rare.

·
Super Moderator
27,214 Posts

otherwise I can live with the color mismatch on RH rear quarter panel.
Run out X250 R-Sports were black edition. They had the upgraded interior as well as black pack.

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
You would’ve thought that instead of saying “tracking needs doing” in the ad, he would just get the tracking done.

Such a rare model. Bet it drives superb.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I think when people sell cars like this on ebay with no reserves, they just want to get rid of the thing that means there is something wrong with it that is not obvious.

However sometimes this type of selling is because the car was written off and insurance doesn’t take the car back so anything they can sell the car is a profit. Let alone if you list some of the parts separately.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Not exactly "massive spec" either. Granted they're normally fairly reasonably specced compared to the competition, but not for an XF.

·
Super Moderator
27,214 Posts
Not exactly "massive spec" either. Granted they're normally fairly reasonably specced compared to the competition, but not for an XF.
What’s missing?

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Heated/cooled seats (not sure if they're available with the sports seats?).

Adaptive cruise.

Probably heated steering wheel.

Not sure about front parking sensors. Looks like they could have some retrofitted, there's some black spots on the front bumper.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts