Jaguar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

Registered
Take it easy like any Jag owner should...whatever it is they鈥檒l fix it and you鈥檒l hit the road again soon...

Firm Rampant Member
Sorry to hear this John, hopefully a quick result from Listers.
Jake says he's immensely jealous of your front quad wheels and is starting a new thread.... :D
I had a set of 19"s that John could have used

Reactions: OBC John

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
Just spoken with Enterprise. Picking up "a" car at 4:30. They said they're trying to get me a Jag or Range Rover but it might be a Merc! :eek: The horror!

Reactions: ChrisSB

Firm Rampant Member
Just spoken with Enterprise. Picking up "a" car at 4:30. They said they're trying to get me a Jag or Range Rover but it might be a Merc! :eek: The horror!
it'll be a XE business edition...

Nice.
hqdefault.jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
Well, they've given me this to play with. It's white . . . .
But shouldn't grumble.
Now, where's the nearest mountain?

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Administrator
Slumming it, lol.

Reactions: OBC John

Registered
Discussion Starter #35
Well, my initial impressions of this Range Rover Sport is that it's like driving a high spec' Transit.
Yes, it's got all the bells and whistles. Yes, it picks up and goes pretty well. But .. . . . it's just tooooo big!
Now, if I lived in the wilds of rural Worcestershire, up a dirt track, on a working farm then maybe I'd feel differently. But this thing will never see anything other than tarmac.
Added to that, my wife who stands a full 4ft - 11ins, had serious difficulties just climbing into it and wouldn't have made it without my help. If you're going to make something this big at least have a step a standard. (I believe you can spec a retractable step).
So all in all, this thing looks impressive but ain't as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: hamedhbb

Super Moderator
Any news on the XJ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #38
Oh, and on a 15-mile drive last evening I couldn't get it to go above 30 mpg. I wonder if it's constantly trying to regen the DPF? (Is the RR Sport one of the models with that problem?)

Super Moderator
Mr MPG strikes again 馃槂

Administrator
Yes, the RRS is badly afflicted by DPF issues. Was why I got rid of mine.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts