Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
...Just been to check, front wipers work but no washer, rear washer or wiper does not :(...
Classic Sportbrake CJB/BCM failure right there.. had it myself, second hand and fully working.. or more likely new as second hand they are rare and then programming to the car I'm afraid.. Or as Phil said finding someone with a programmer, @Onotole has done this and may do it for you but you'd have to send the box to him...

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
193 Posts
Not sure I'm qualified to do a list, I've sort of muddled my way through :), I'll certainly try when I get to the end. Just been to check, front wipers work but no washer, rear washer or wiper does not :(...
Unfortunate that they're not working :(, but at least you didn't find it when you needed to use the washers/wipers.

Classic Sportbrake CJB/BCM failure right there.. had it myself, second hand and fully working.. or more likely new as second hand they are rare and then programming to the car I'm afraid.. Or as Phil said finding someone with a programmer, @Onotole has done this and may do it for you but you'd have to send the box to him...
Yeah it certainly sound like it, though as I understand it, it's a secondary effect that you get when you try to fix the corruption which is stopping your car starting using SDD ( Also if I recall what I've read correctly disconnecting the battery may put it back in a non-starting state again. ) I do wonder if it incorrectly puts saloon firmware on the sportbrake CJB/BCM, as two way washer pump and rear wiper seem to be the differences for a sportbrake. There's a possibility you might could buy a programmer device, and Onotole might be willing to remotely connect via internet to reflash it. ( I think if you don't have the dump files to flash onto it via a direct connection, a new CJB/BCM is the only way - though I'd like to be proved wrong on that. )

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
Yeah it certainly sound like it, though as I understand it, it's a secondary effect that you get when you try to fix the corruption which is stopping your car starting using SDD ( Also if I recall what I've read correctly disconnecting the battery may put it back in a non-starting state again. )
Agreed, although I think that a battery disconnect will put it back in a non starting state?

I do wonder if it incorrectly puts saloon firmware on the sportbrake CJB/BCM, as two way washer pump and rear wiper seem to be the differences for a sportbrake.
Interesting thought that makes a lot of sense in a way, stupid oversight if that is the case.. I wonder if there's a slightly different procedure for reflashing a Sportbrake?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Great replies guys and learning from your discussions too.
Unfortunately my morning off was cancelled so won't be able to do anything until tomorrow now. Frustrating as I have more insight now and want to get to the bottom of the issues- atm I'm not sure what needs replacing, recoding or burning :LOL:... I'm pretty sure I need a dual battery fuse box for the original issue of no charge to battery but I'm hoping to get away with resetting modules with SDD for the rest... The CJB is a bit of a concern, it might have failed when the battery was last removed, or my resetting, as you say, installed the saloon software... Has anyone ever managed to sort the washer/wiper problem just using SDD? If not then I will need to get help from somewhere else as my knowledge of Eeprom programming is zero.
Is there anyone who will do this by post?
Anyway, thanks again.

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
11,809 Posts
From what I've read it is possible to re-program but it's difficult and need a x-prog programmer etc, with only limited knowledge shared.
You could contact @Onotole to ask and possibly send him your BCM or buy a new one like @PeteA had to do.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thanks gav, I will have a go tomorrow to see if I have any joy with the other things and work out what needs doing. I will definitely give @Onotole a shout after I know the outcome of my trials tomorrow. Does anyone know the cost/part number of the CJB? @PeteA ?
Cheers all.

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
Thanks gav, I will have a go tomorrow to see if I have any joy with the other things and work out what needs doing. I will definitely give @Onotole a shout after I know the outcome of my trials tomorrow. Does anyone know the cost/part number of the CJB? @PeteA ?
Cheers all.
Part number: C2Z3218 and mine cost me £600, using a second hand one is possible though needs to be reprogrammed to your car. Try finding one though, Sportbrakes are relatively rare...

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
So, by doing a little bit of wiring diagram digging it looks like @xf_phil might be onto something:

The saloon washer pump is earthed on one side whereas the Sportbrake washer pump has both wires going back to the CJB/BCM and looks to be a push/pull type or reversible if you like.

Both the saloon and Sportbrake front wipers are controlled by the "Junction box-engine"

The Sportbrake rear wiper is however controlled by the "Junction box-central" or CJB.. interesting...

Wiring diagrams attached.

BTW James, any part numbers can be found here: Search Genuine Jaguar Xf 2009 - 2015 Parts | Jaguar Land Rover Classic Parts

Though finding where they are 'hidden' can sometimes be a bit.. er, entertaining... :D

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
So, by doing a little bit of wiring diagram digging it looks like @xf_phil might be onto something:

The saloon washer pump is earthed on one side whereas the Sportbrake washer pump has both wires going back to the CJB/BCM and looks to be a push/pull type or reversible if you like.

Both the saloon and Sportbrake front wipers are controlled by the "Junction box-engine"

The Sportbrake rear wiper is however controlled by the "Junction box-central" or CJB.. interesting...

BTW James, any part numbers can be found here: Search Genuine Jaguar Xf 2009 - 2015 Parts | Jaguar Land Rover Classic Parts

Though finding where they are 'hidden' can sometimes be a bit.. er, entertaining... :D

Brilliant, insomnia sorted tonight :LOL:
I'm in Dolgellau, Gwynedd, N. Wales.

·
Registered
8,572 Posts

Brilliant, insomnia sorted tonight :LOL:
Glad to be of help James.. :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
Part number: C2Z3218 and mine cost me £600
Think you dropped a 1 from the end of the part number Pete, C2Z32181

@[email protected] If you get a chance, you could try and retrieve the part numbers for the BCM ( aka FSJB/CJB) and BCMB ( aka RSJB ) with SDD ( from a fresh session to see what they currently are ) it should give both software and hardware part numbers for each junction box. It would be interesting to see if either of them have taken on part numbers for the Saloon. If I remember right I heard it's a symptom of the problem to see the BCMs copy of the VIN is corrupted too.

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
Think you dropped a 1 from the end of the part number Pete, C2Z32181
I did somehow, apologies James and well spotted Phil.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
So, I managed a couple of hours this morning, updated the Audio/Amplifier software and reset a couple other things and the Satnav, radio, reversing beep and phone are working again. The DAB says no reception but I think that could be our local transmitter.
The bad news is that the wash/wipe still doesn't work so will need that looked at but first on the list is to replace the Dual BatteryFuse Box and see if that solves the battery not charging issue unless anyone else has any ideas... just to recap, new battery, alternator, BMS module (on the -ve battery lead), checked all fuses, checked continuity on the small wiring loom from the DBFF and cleaned all plugs/connections I could see...

·
Registered
193 Posts
So, I managed a couple of hours this morning, updated the Audio/Amplifier software and reset a couple other things and the Satnav, radio, reversing beep and phone are working again. The DAB says no reception but I think that could be our local transmitter.
The bad news is that the wash/wipe still doesn't work so will need that looked at but first on the list is to replace the Dual BatteryFuse Box and see if that solves the battery not charging issue unless anyone else has any ideas... just to recap, new battery, alternator, BMS module (on the -ve battery lead), checked all fuses, checked continuity on the small wiring loom from the DBFF and cleaned all plugs/connections I could see...
Glad to hear you're making progress.
Did you get an exact replacement alternator? ( I've heard of others finding 3rd party ones not working )
The gateway module and Dual battery module are also involved with charging / battery management.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Glad to hear you're making progress.
Did you get an exact replacement alternator? ( I've heard of others finding 3rd party ones not working )
The gateway module and Dual battery module are also involved with charging / battery management.
Good point re alternator, I’ll have to check. The fault indicated by SDD suggests the dual battery fuse box but I’m not ruling anything out I’ll have to investigate further as the dbfb is not cheap...

21 - 40 of 50 Posts