Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie and I am so pleased to have found this site in my desperate search for a wheel and tyre!

I am trying to help out a friend who is at work during the day and unable to make calls and I have just spent the last 3 days searching the whole of the UK for a wheel/tyre to no avail.

My friend has a S Type Jaguar sport V6 2004 and the current wheel is 245/40/18 with 15 spokes. I have been told by a few places it is otherwise known as an 8j x18 Indianapolis yet the ones I keep coming up with are smaller. Is there anyone out there who can recommend anywhere in the UK where we may be able to purchase a second hand one that's good to be put straight onto the vehicle.

Any advice or help would be really appreciated. Thanks

Alloy wheel Tire Rim Wheel Spoke

·
Registered
5,201 Posts

·
Apostrophe Monitor
7,420 Posts
Crikey John, that last one you linked has seen some action "Used allow for kerb grazes may need refurb you decide"

Welcome to the forum Flitty

you could try SB wheels they do Jaguar alloys he might have one in stock or at a push know which direction to point you

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Must of cut & paste the wrong link. I saw that one and discounted it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Hi everyone, thanks so much for your comments and recommendations, I have tried SB and all of the links on ebay to no avail. The problem is although they look the same as our one but the sizes are actually different and when discussing with the owners tell me they are 225 x 40 x 18. Would this matter and would it still fit our car please? Is there any alternative size we can use?

Off to work now but will look in again later today.

Thanks for taking the time to respond

1 - 8 of 8 Posts