Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am a jaguar rider in Korea.
I ask for your understanding even if it is inconvenient to read because I am not good at English.
There are a lot more people here than the Korean jaguar cafe, so I leave a message.
The problem is the washer fluid sensor.
When I left to the repair shop, the washertank is not broken and there is no leakage, so it is said to be a sensor problem.
I'm a college student, and the cost of replacing the washer sensor is burdensome.
I found out that I checked the product called 'Autel ap200', and in Korea, there was no article that removed the washer fluid warning light with that, so I leave a message here.
I wonder if this Autel ap200 can remove the warning light shown in the picture.
It is possible to drive even if a warning light comes on, but it continues to annoy the eyes :(
My car model is Jaguar XF(2011)
Please help me!

Speedometer Automotive lighting Car Gauge Tachometer
Speedometer Automotive lighting Car Gauge Tachometer

·
Registered
10,762 Posts
Hello
The warning light cannot be reset with the Autel 200 or any other reader. It comes on with the system health check each time the car is started.

The screen wash sensor is easily replaced with basic tools.

I will post up a link to the part numbers for the sensor later.

It is an inexpensive part and can be replaced easily.

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
Unlikely Horlicks, especially as that's a pre-facelift display, but the senor failing or creeping round and becoming 'upside down' and therefore permanently on is known.

Reactions: Statler

·
Registered
10,762 Posts
Yes the dash layout suggests a Classic or pre-facelift XF which didn’t suffer.

On the facelift, washer fluid can seep along the wires from the washer pump back into the Central Junction Box and corrode the circuit board which leads to all sorts of electrical issues.

Don’t worry about this.

·
Registered
388 Posts
My MY2011 (also pre facelift) also had the level sensor going faulty. I replaced it and it still occasionally showed the warning light over the next few days. So I checked the wiring and I am sure there was water in the wiring that had leaked through the faulty sensor. I left it hanging for a few days and it seemed to dry out. It is also worth checking/replacing the rubber grommet the sensor pushes in to as mine started to leak as the water bottle plastic is very thin with little to seal against. Taking out the inner wing liner multiple times isn't much fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts